Won't turn on with CPU power cable plugged in.

Hello everyone. I'm new to PC building and I'm having a big problem with my first build. When everything is plugged in, the PC will not turn in at all, not even for a second. However, when I unplug the CPU power connector from the motherboard, it turns on no problem. The lights and fans work perfectly fine and will stay on til I cut the power.

A friend recommended I take the CPU out and check for bent pins. Doing so, the CPU stuck to the cooler and when I finally got it off it fell in the case and bent one of the pins a bit and thermal paste was all over it (this is probably the last time I use pre applied thermal paste because it seemed like there was too much of it). I got thermal paste on a few pins on the CPU, but I got a soft toothbrush, dampened it with isopropyl alcohol and managed to clean the CPU completely and I bend the pin back by using the tip of a knife and then used a credit card to carefully put between the rows of pins to get it perfectly straight.

I also ordered a replacement motherboard from Amazon in case it's the motherboard itself. I really hope I didn't damage the CPU or any other components.

I haven't gotten home yet to try and test the CPU yet and I need to stop and get more thermal paste. If anyone can help in any way it would be greatly appreciated. This first build has turned into a huge learning experience.

Tha k you for anone who has took the time to read this and I really appreciate anyone who helps. Last night was disappointing and stressful

Ryzen 7 2700x

550w EVGA B3 80+ fully modular

Corsair vengeance 16GB

MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi 

2 minutes ago, DominicBourneLG said:

However, when I unplug the CPU power connector from the motherboard, it turns on no problem. The lights and fans work perfectly fine and will stay on til I cut the power.

Are you sure you're plugging in the right cable (it should say CPU/EPS power)?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

5 minutes ago, r2724r16 said:

Are you sure you're plugging in the right cable (it should say CPU/EPS power)?

Yes, I have made sure that all cables were plugged in the correct sockets.