Software to Search for The Latest Firmware Updates

Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

First of all, do you really mean firmware and not driver? Those are two different things. Of your hardware only GPU and mobo actually have something like firmware. That would be integrated piece of software.

It's more common for your keyboard, mouse and router to have firmware.

There's no good universal solution. And I strongly advise against updating firmware manually, without using special tool by manufacturer if you don't know what you are doing. I've bricked router with wrong firmware version.

For drivers, Win10 does enough. You don't actually need to update drivers unless you are having issues anyway. Not even graphics one. They don't expire.

Very simple question.

I'm looking for a program that will search/download the latest versions of firmware for all my hardware on my pc.

I know there is Intel driver support but that will only work for Intel hardware.

Anyone has recommendations for me that uses it as well and works properly?

CPU Intel i7 12700F Motherboard ASUS H670 Wifi RAM Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPU ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TB Case Fractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

1 hour ago, Relph84 said:

Very simple question.

I'm looking for a program that will search/download the latest versions of firmware for all my hardware on my pc.

I know there is Intel driver support but that will only work for Intel hardware.

Anyone has recommendations for me that uses it as well and works properly?

The best way is to look to companies official websites. 
Otherwise you may got installed wrong/corrupted firmware. 

I used Iobit driver booter, which also manage to  get my acer laptops firmware too. 

However,, I prefer using windows updates for it, or download from Acer itself.  

When had my previous laptop (Toshiba) I used app which downloaded firmware, happened so it failed to indentfy right verion, which messed up bios. 
So had to flash them  manually. :/ And it was hard to find 6 years old laptops bios.. 

The moral of the story,..  Don't use thrid parties apps to downloa firmware :)

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

First of all, do you really mean firmware and not driver? Those are two different things. Of your hardware only GPU and mobo actually have something like firmware. That would be integrated piece of software.

It's more common for your keyboard, mouse and router to have firmware.

There's no good universal solution. And I strongly advise against updating firmware manually, without using special tool by manufacturer if you don't know what you are doing. I've bricked router with wrong firmware version.

For drivers, Win10 does enough. You don't actually need to update drivers unless you are having issues anyway. Not even graphics one. They don't expire.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Now that I think of it your totally right. I'm confused with drivers ?

Thank you!

I will start a new thread, case closed.

CPU Intel i7 12700F Motherboard ASUS H670 Wifi RAM Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPU ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TB Case Fractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark