Upgrade Vega 56 in 2019?

R4X70N

Ok,

I want to upgrade my GPU from a RX 580 to a Vega 56. My CPU is a Ryzen 5 2600 liquid cooled. My budget is no more than $270 and I would like to get a Cyber Monday/Black Friday deal. This is what I'm looking at right now

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-radeon-rx-vega-56-gv-rxvega56gaming-oc-8gd/p/N82E16814932030 

It has a bad rap but with a new bios update it should be perfectly fine. 

GPU's right now are so complicated I don't know what to choose. Thank you in advance.

I have that specific GPU, and it's fine. I would say, though, that a Vega 56 is borderline as an upgrade from an RX 580. Usually it's best to upgrade by around 50% at least, to get the best value for your money long-term. The Vega 56 is more like a 40% upgrade for you.

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

I have that specific GPU, and it's fine. I would say, though, that a Vega 56 is borderline as an upgrade from an RX 580. Usually it's best to upgrade by around 50% at least, to get the best value for your money long-term. The Vega 56 is more like a 40% upgrade for you.

Thank you, it’s reassuring to see someone with that card and it being ok ? 

Do you have a recommendation for a card at my price point that would be closer to a 50%

Bad value. You can get a 5700 for 50-60$. I know your budget is limited but the vega 56 for that money is not worth it anymore and it's really not that good of an upgrade over the rx 580. I recommend you save up some more and get a substantial performance boost instead of a rather small one.

3 minutes ago, raxton297 said:

Thank you, it’s reassuring to see someone with that card and it being ok ? 

Do you have a recommendation for a card at my price point that would be closer to a 50%

Well, you would have to spend some more to get a bigger upgrade. Like the RX 5700 that'll cost around $330+.

6 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Well, you would have to spend some more to get a bigger upgrade. Like the RX 5700 that'll cost around $330+.

11 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Bad value. You can get a 5700 for 50-60$. I know your budget is limited but the vega 56 for that money is not worth it anymore and it's really not that good of an upgrade over the rx 580. I recommend you save up some more and get a substantial performance boost instead of a rather small one.

What do is your opinions on this card

https://www.newegg.com/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-axrx-5700-8gbd6-3dh-oc/p/N82E16814131754?item=N82E16814131754

its $324.
I can sell part of my soul and I could make it work ?