Dual Boot Windows7/hackintosh

So I dont know what I walking into here so ill just ask. I want to make my pc that currently runs win7 dual boot with mac os. I don't know what driver support will look like or if its even possible with my components. My pc specs are:

CPU: i7 3770k

RAM: 8gig vengeance 

GPU: MSI GTX 680 Lightning( main one im worried about)

CPU Cooler: soon to be a Swiftech h220( another one im worried about)

Wifi card: intel centrino advanced n 6205( and another)

If there are any other areas that I should be worried about can you tell me about them any and all help is appreciated. I will be getting an ssd before I do this and have it dedicated to the mac os.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

The BIG thing with a hackintosh is the motherboard and wifi card, i do know for a wifi card you are going to have to hack together something special because there aint many wifi cards that work with Mac OSX. 

I would recommend a gigabyte motherboard just because they have been known to work best with hackintoshes. 

So yeah, if you haven't already bought the parts for your computer here is what i would do go on Tonymacx86  and find a list of known working parts and build your computer using those parts, this is going to produce you the least amount of headache. and believe me you are going to have headache....big time. 

I have build a hackintosh and currently have one on a HDD that i can boot up anytime i want, but i do not know what GPUS work and such. I have seen builds with both, but my recommendation would be to do on tonymacx86 and do some searching, it is an AMAZING forum and they have some amazing articles that will help you out. I would just read--read--read and read some more so you can learn as much as you can about the hackintosh world because that in the end will benefit you the most. 

hope this helps!!!! 

The BIG thing with a hackintosh is the motherboard and wifi card, i do know for a wifi card you are going to have to hack together something special because there aint many wifi cards that work with Mac OSX. 

I would recommend a gigabyte motherboard just because they have been known to work best with hackintoshes. 

So yeah, if you haven't already bought the parts for your computer here is what i would do go on Tonymacx86  and find a list of known working parts and build your computer using those parts, this is going to produce you the least amount of headache. and believe me you are going to have headache....big time. 

I have build a hackintosh and currently have one on a HDD that i can boot up anytime i want, but i do not know what GPUS work and such. I have seen builds with both, but my recommendation would be to do on tonymacx86 and do some searching, it is an AMAZING forum and they have some amazing articles that will help you out. I would just read--read--read and read some more so you can learn as much as you can about the hackintosh world because that in the end will benefit you the most. 

hope this helps!!!! 

Yes the system is already built. It already runs windows 7. I have a msi gd65-z77a mobo

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Yes the system is already built. It already runs windows 7. I have a msi gd65-z77a mobo

I cant speak on how well MSI motherboards run with hackintoshes but i would just start doing some searching and see what you can find, Here are some links i found quickly 

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=58163&p=365004

http://myhack.sojugarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=880

• 3 months later...

Although it is illegal to create Hacintosh but just to add to your knowledge I am giving requirements of making hackintosh in the below mentioned link.

Well, hackintosh is not as efficient in working and features as Mac machine. So, as per my suggestion you should go for Mac machine (it also allows you to have window OS on Mac).

http://speedup-mac.blogspot.in/2013/02/how-to-create-mountain-lion-hackintosh.html