Gpu power

Dannes33

Hi, I have been looking at the ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER ROG Strix AD and it recomends 550w psu wich I have but it also needs 8pin + 6pin power and I only have one power cable wich hapens to have both on it so I was wonderibg if I can use one cable for two connections or if it will f things up.

Yes this is the way it's meant to be used

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

28 minutes ago, Dannes33 said:

Hi, I have been looking at the ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER ROG Strix AD and it recomends 550w psu wich I have but it also needs 8pin + 6pin power and I only have one power cable wich hapens to have both on it so I was wonderibg if I can use one cable for two connections or if it will f things up.

What's your budget/country, monitor resolution/refresh rate, and what do you need the PC for?

As the RX 5700/XT is going to be equal/faster at the same price or less.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

What's your budget/country, monitor resolution/refresh rate, and what do you need the PC for?

As the RX 5700/XT is going to be equal/faster at the same price or less.

My budget is 500€ and I'm going to be using the card for gaming, (1080p 240hz) mostly csgo, rust and cod

its for sale in sweden for 500€ and I have an amd card right now and I do not fancy the software for it

1 minute ago, Dannes33 said:

My budget is 500€ and I'm going to be using the card for gaming, (1080p 240hz) mostly csgo, rust and cod

its for sale in sweden for 500€ and I have an amd card right now and I do not fancy the software for it

Which AMD card? and what issues are you having with the software?

Why are nvidia cards so expensive in sweden jeez, ya the 5700/XT is a decently better value, it's like a 2070 for the price of your 2060s on the part picker at least.

What's your used market like? What's the price on a 980ti/1070/1070ti/1080? all of those will be fine for gaming at that resolution, and may be a lot cheaper. Still in almost the same performance tier to the 2060

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=436,445&sort=price

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Which AMD card? and what issues are you having with the software?

Why are nvidia cards so expensive in sweden jeez, ya the 5700/XT is a decently better value, it's like a 2070 for the price of your 2060s on the part picker at least.

What's your used market like? What's the price on a 980ti/1070/1070ti/1080? all of those will be fine for gaming at that resolution, and may be a lot cheaper. Still in almost the same performance tier to the 2060

https://se.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=436,445&sort=price

we have 25% taxes on everything we buy... Im using the amd radeon setting software and its just not doing anything except change the color settings and crash ( I havea msi radeon 470 something ) and used cards are not on the table cuz they are almost more expensive than the real car and you have to drive to hell and back to get them

3 minutes ago, Dannes33 said:

we have 25% taxes on everything we buy... Im using the amd radeon setting software and its just not doing anything except change the color settings and crash ( I havea msi radeon 470 something ) and used cards are not on the table cuz they are almost more expensive than the real car and you have to drive to hell and back to get them

Probably use the display driver uninstaller and throw the latest bios on it, at worst reinstall windows as it could also be that windows is the issue, but it should work fine, as tons of people have polaris cards.

But your PSU is fine as long as you have the 2 PCI-e connections it needs, in any event. RIP sweden PC gamers. Guessing you can't just smuggle things in from the UK or something?

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Probably use the display driver uninstaller and throw the latest bios on it, at worst reinstall windows as it could also be that windows is the issue, but it should work fine, as tons of people have polaris cards.

But your PSU is fine as long as you have the 2 PCI-e connections it needs, in any event. RIP sweden PC gamers. Guessing you can't just smuggle things in from the UK or something?

yeah no we cant smuggle from uk but we can from Norway (they often have little better deals when there krone isnt at a good value). Thanks for your help and I hope you'll have a good day