Any actual risk with Memory Speed overclock?

Otto_iii

This should be a simple and sweet thread, i'm fairly sure there isn't any potential risk, just that errors can start occuring instead of simply programs simply crashing outright like with most core clock overclocks, and one has to turn memory clock speeds back down but it won't hurt anything in the process to try faster speeds at stock voltage.  With this in mind how often has anybody been able to get above 900mhz, stable, on rx5700 AIB cards, I've heard 900 is a wall for stability?  I just don't want to mess with it if its at all a liability at all. 

Part of me asks because i once attempted a mild overclock, without overvolt etc on a rx580, and a week or so it started having mild but weird artifacting issues even at stock settings, but i think that had more to do with that particular Asus card not fitting proper heatsinks and or thermalpads to the memory modules.

My motherboard went nuts after it failed a RAM OC,the RGB went crazy,my GPU started coil whining and the audio has interference now...

Probably a design flaw in my board.

I have never been able to fix it.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Oh i just meant the GPU's memory speed, bottom row in MSI Afterburner, or similarly near bottom, vertical slider if using AMD Wattman

Sorry to hear about your motherboard, maybe just slightly too high voltage somewhere and something crapped out?  Anyways point being the 5700 i bought appears to be able to run 930mhz (1860 effective) and but since most people recommend not going over 900 sorta wondered if there was any actual risk, im fairly sure so long as temps are okay and voltage is in check there isn't but wanted a sanity check, even if it seems like stupid question.