Upgrade choices - let me know what you think

Logan.S
Go to solution Solved by amdorintel,
10 minutes ago, Logan.S said:

I am not stuck on the aorus I just saw it was comparable and that it was recommended in other builds.

I would ask comparable to what and who recommended it.

What was wrong with the b450?

better subsitutes avaiulable. i listened to the vid twice, writting down the mobos to buy. those are the ones with the notes accompanying them.

of course everyone has different needs, use their sys for other things but i trust that nerdy guys videos

Hello everyone,

I plan on building a new PC this Christmas season to take advantages of sales and celebrate my college graduation. Following will be my current build, followed by my planned build. 

I have a buyer lined up to purchase my current pc for $600 going towards the new build.

Current followed by new

Explanations and concerns

I play 1440p games like overwatch, COD on a 144hz monitor with friends. I have 3 monitors and usually have discord video up with one of them, and if not a twitch stream. I have been having issues keeping what I would deem acceptable frames in game while doing these other activities so I would like to do the fun thing (not the "right thing" or most cost effective) and build a new pc. I have read into the Gen4 M.2 and I'm really excited about that, but with its heat spreader I am concerned it may be in the way of the cpu cooler or the gpu. After digging around it seems it should be fine, but if anyone has experience with this please let me know. I know the Ryzen 5 3600 is almost identical in game performance, but with these added activities I think the 7 is worth the extra coin. I also plan on getting into video recording or streaming in my downtime. 

Questions, comments, concerns? Let me know! Just curious about everyone's thoughts. 

Thanks,

Logan

I think 600 for your old system is a bit of a rip-off, especially for a friend. 

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

Really? How would you price it out. Current gen new products with similar performance come to about that price. I've taken very good care of it 

asus tuf gamoing x570-plus ios a solid board, value buy, realtek lan, no wifi, solid vrm, good heatsink

asus prime x570 prime - p

solid vrm, rear io is limited, good for 3900x 3950x if you wish to upgrade later

msi x570 a pro ryzen 3rd gen support no wifi is good also

the b450 aurus elite sucks, not sure if the x varient falls into same category or not

I've compared the 3 you suggested and they look nearly identical. I am not stuck on the aorus I just saw it was comparable and that it was recommended in other builds. I will swap it out for the msi x570 pro. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Logan.S said:

Really? How would you price it out. Current gen new products with similar performance come to about that price. I've taken very good care of it 

But your system isn't current gen or new.

It's worth about 380ish, tops.

1070s go for as little as 80-120 bucks according to eBay sold listings. 6600k sold listings around 125, the memory around 35. Motherboard sells for 30ish.

Used SSDs, cases and power supplies are nearly worthless. You can easily find these three with the remaining money.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

I am not stuck on the aorus I just saw it was comparable and that it was recommended in other builds.

I would ask comparable to what and who recommended it.

better subsitutes avaiulable. i listened to the vid twice, writting down the mobos to buy. those are the ones with the notes accompanying them.

of course everyone has different needs, use their sys for other things but i trust that nerdy guys videos