Raspberry Pi music Streamer

Hi, 

I wanna build a streaming device as demonstrated by this article from Tested:

I have the same Audioquest Dragonfly Black DAC as shown in the article. I'm just wondering if it's easy to setup. I'd love to stream Spotify from my iPhone or laptop to my amp (to power my $20 cardboard panel speaker ?). Will it work with an iPhone? 

I'm also thinking about getting this kit. Seems pricey, but it's got everything I need (so it says):

Do you have any useful tips or tutorials? 

2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Hi, 

I wanna build a streaming device as demonstrated by this article from Tested:

I have the same Audioquest Dragonfly Black DAC as shown in the article. I'm just wondering if it's easy to setup. I'd love to stream Spotify from my iPhone or laptop to my amp (to power my $20 cardboard panel speaker ?). Will it work with an iPhone? 

I'm also thinking about getting this kit. Seems pricey, but it's got everything I need (so it says):

Do you have any useful tips or tutorials? 

if it's possible to get windows on the raspberry pi it's probably the most driect way to stream sppotify on it just hook it up to the speakers and whne playing music through the amp just change the device spotify streams to. 

It's possible. I have Rpi4 4gb with Pi2aes head as a DSP and a streamer. Streaming music from my PC and Google music. You need Volumio and Volumio app on your phone ($2.50). 

There are plenty tutorials on the web how to setup Volumio. 

i9 9900K/GSkill Trident RGB 4x8GB 3000Mhz/Asus Maximus X Hero/EVGA RTX2080TI XC ULTRA/Samsung 950pro+970pro nVME M.2 512gb/2x2tb ADATA ssd/3tb HDD/Corsair Obsidian 1000D/ EVGA SUPERNOVA T2 1600W/10xCorsair LL120/Alienware 34" 2k 120hz/LG 27" 4k 60hz/HyperX Alloy Elite RGB/Hyper X Pulsefire Surge RGB/SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless/Logitech c920.

Just now, gamelovers11223 said:

It's possible. I have Rpi4 4gb with Pi2aes head as a DSP and a streamer. Streaming music from my PC and Google music. You need Volumio and Volumio app on your phone ($2.50). 

There are plenty tutorials on the web how to setup Volumio. 

Ok sweet! Is $2.50 a subscription or a 1-time purchase?

2 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Ok sweet! Is $2.50 a subscription or a 1-time purchase?

One time purchase. Basically you're buying the app.

i9 9900K/GSkill Trident RGB 4x8GB 3000Mhz/Asus Maximus X Hero/EVGA RTX2080TI XC ULTRA/Samsung 950pro+970pro nVME M.2 512gb/2x2tb ADATA ssd/3tb HDD/Corsair Obsidian 1000D/ EVGA SUPERNOVA T2 1600W/10xCorsair LL120/Alienware 34" 2k 120hz/LG 27" 4k 60hz/HyperX Alloy Elite RGB/Hyper X Pulsefire Surge RGB/SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless/Logitech c920.