Should I upgrade only the GPU or more?

Nixxxx

Is it worth to upgrade to a 2070 Super for 600-700 USD or wait for the coming 3000-series?

And is my CPU a bottleneck to the 2070 Super or the 3000-series?

AMD is not an solution do to the G-sync display

System

• CPU
    Intel Core i5 7600K
  • GPU
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB DUAL OC
  • Display
    AOC 27" AG273QCG Curved WQHD 165 Hz G-Sync

you will definitely be looking at a cpu upgrade next. Even if you don't notice much difference, that cpu is not future proof whatsoever, and you will eventually run across a game that is borderline unplayable.

2 minutes ago, J400 said:

you will definitely be looking at a cpu upgrade next. Even if you don't notice much difference, that cpu is not future proof whatsoever, and you will eventually run across a game that is borderline unplayable.

As for a recommendation, I would probably go with a 3600, as coffee lake cpus are out of reach for your motherboard, and you could get a 3600 and am4 motherboard for about the same price as a 7700k

6 minutes ago, J400 said:

As for a recommendation, I would probably go with a 3600, as coffee lake cpus are out of reach for your motherboard, and you could get a 3600 and am4 motherboard for about the same price as a 7700k

yeah it is probably going for 3600 or 3700x if the current CPU cant handle a 2070 Super or 3000-serie, but a cant afford a full system upgrade atm

I have an i7 7700k and it is more than fast enough for anything at 1080p, kinda regretting I didn't go with team red tho bc their processors are much cheaper rn. I would recommend looking into the used market as some great deals can be had.