i7-8700 PC wont work without Dedicated GPU?

koji

Hi, my PC has been okay for almost a year and one day it just gives me no signal / black screen on the monitor.

i7-8700, Asrock Z370M Pro-4, GTX 1070, Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W, 16GB DDR4

Did the troubleshooting, removed all components except the motherboard, processor, and RAM. Same issue. Cleared CMOS / BIOS, same issue. Tried to reseat the RAM, tried 1 RAM, tried the 2nd RAM alone, same issue. Tried another PSU (Seasonic Platinum) from a different PC, still same issue

Now I'm just left with the RAM, Motherboard and processor to test right? With that probably it's the RAM or Motherboard.

I did test the RAM on a different PC and it works fine, so it should probably the motherboard that's faulty.

Now I need a PC ASAP since I have work to do so I took one PC from my icafe, specs: i5-4670, Gigabyte H81M, GT 1030, 8GB DDR3

I removed the PSU and GPU and replaced it with my Seasonic and GTX 1070 respectively. And it doesnt work, with the same issue. Now my board doesnt have HDMI so I cant run the iGPU of this i5-4670 PC so I plugged in the GT 1030, to my surprise it worked.

Now I have this crazy idea of trying the 1030 to my i7-8700 PC. And it also worked!

I am puzzled, maybe it's my GPU that's broken, but why wont my i7-8700 PC work with the iGPU? Is it because the Motherboard it also faulty? So both my GPU and Motherboard got problems?

How and why did it happen? Both of them are plugged in to an APC UPS with voltage regulator & surge protector.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that I checked BIOS if there's something affecting the iGPU to not boot, none. Also I did reset the BIOS on the troubleshooting steps.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

1 minute ago, koji said:

Hi, my PC has been okay for almost a year and one day it just gives me no signal / black screen on the monitor.

i7-8700, Asrock Z370M Pro-4, GTX 1070, Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W, 16GB DDR4

Did the troubleshooting, removed all components except the motherboard, processor, and RAM. Same issue. Cleared CMOS / BIOS, same issue. Tried to reseat the RAM, tried 1 RAM, tried the 2nd RAM alone, same issue. Tried another PSU (Seasonic Platinum) from a different PC, still same issue

Now I'm just left with the RAM, Motherboard and processor to test right? With that probably it's the RAM or Motherboard.

I did test the RAM on a different PC and it works fine, so it should probably the motherboard that's faulty.

Now I need a PC ASAP since I have work to do so I took one PC from my icafe, specs: i5-4670, Gigabyte H81M, GT 1030, 8GB DDR3

I removed the PSU and GPU and replaced it with my Seasonic and GTX 1070 respectively. And it doesnt work, with the same issue. Now my board doesnt have HDMI so I cant run the iGPU of this i5-4670 PC so I plugged in the GT 1030, to my surprise it worked.

Now I have this crazy idea of trying the 1030 to my i7-8700 PC. And it also worked!

I am puzzled, maybe it's my GPU that's broken, but why wont my i7-8700 PC work with the iGPU? Is it because the Motherboard it also faulty? So both my GPU and Motherboard got problems?

How and why did it happen? Both of them are plugged in to an APC UPS with voltage regulator & surge protector.

Perhaps the iGPU is disabled (somehow) and yes the 1070 might be dead

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 14TB combined HDD | macOS 14 Ventura, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 16.5 with Dopamine 2 + Trollstore 2

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

Just now, josbeph83 said:

Perhaps the iGPU is disabled (somehow) and yes the 1070 might be dead

I forgot to mention that I checked that on the BIOS after it booted just to make sure, also I did reset the BIOS when troubleshooting.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X | MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Vision D | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision D | PSU: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W