Automatic repair screen

abdul94

Hey.

Currently my pc keeps booting into the automatic repair screen.

Bit of background. I had malware bytes pro and my subscription ran out few weeks ago, Windows keeps promoting to renew or remove, which I've ignored till now. Now it's minimising games etc and is just a nuisance so I went to remove it and my pc BSOD... Weird. Then kept booting into automatic repair. 

Now I have the option to reset, either with keeping files or a fresh start. Just wanting to confirm that the keeping files option is safe? I have few bits of work I'd rather not lose.

Thanks for any advice!

The application probably detected what you were doing as malicious and tried to do something, in the process it might've corrupted your windows install.

I would try resetting and keeping files. But, if that doesn't work you might have to do a fresh install. 

3 hours ago, KingTdiGGiTTy said:

The application probably detected what you were doing as malicious and tried to do something, in the process it might've corrupted your windows install.

I would try resetting and keeping files. But, if that doesn't work you might have to do a fresh install. 

Yeah I think I have to unfortunately, I have work saved I need! 

I'll update this on how it goes.

It seems like a shite that would corrupt the os...

Update for anyone who has this issue in the future.

Had to reset (keeping files) which seemed to work for this....bit of a pain but beats losing files