DVR Software for LOCAST?

There was a company called Aero that allowed people to view live and time shifted over the air broadcasts but it went out of business when the US Supreme Court ruled their business model was illegal.  There is a new company called LOCAST trying something similar.  LOCAST is attempting to take advantage of a provision of US law that allows nonprofits to rebroadcast OTA signals to increase their range.  LOCAST is a nonprofit that is rebroadcasting over the internet in a number of markets.  The service is free, but they do ask for a $5/ monthly donation if you use the service. 

What I am wondering is whether there is a way to record/time shift LOCAST streams, ideally with some kind of timer.  But even if I had to be at my computer to begin a recording it would be worth it just to be able to fast forward through commercials.

I am recent adopter of cord cutting.  I am subscribed to Hulu Live, but Hulu Live does not include all my local (NYC) broadcast stations.  Specifically they do not carry my local CW or PBS affiliates.  I've tried to access these stations with an antenna and it seems Hulu is using the same antenna I am because I get all my local channels except my local CW and PBS affiliates.  I just found out earlier today that I've been approved to buy an apartment a few miles closer to the broadcast antennas, but I am not sure if the board will give me permission for a roof antenna and the apartment I am buying is on the 2nd floor of a building surrounded by other buildings.  Which brings me back to LOCAST.  I understand why they don't offer a DVR function because that is one of the reason Aero lost in the Supreme Court.  But I would gladly pay to buy a program that would allow me to time shift LOCAST streams.

• 1 year later...

Hey there.  I'm a fellow nyc cord cutter, and I also started relying on Locast for locals. And I also really really wanted DVR/timeshift functions that are just not available with Locast.

If your are still looking...... (I know it's been a while now since this was posted). I found a app/program called Fitzy TV, and if you add locast as a provider. You can DVR any show, also schedule show by name to be recorded automatically. But they do charge a little,  by the amount of DVR memory you need. Like $5 for 25 GB's. $10 for 50 Gb's. Etc etc. 

Sadly it doesn't have Timeshift, which I keep begging them to add. But at least you can record any show and then Ffwd/Rewind as you please 

I've been using them for a while now,  and I've been happy with it.  It's cloud memory,  so you can watch the recording from anywhere with the phone app etc. 

I think they recently changed their name,  so it might not be found under Fitzy TV anymore.  The new name is,  Stremium. 

I hope it helps