Upgrading to a more premium experience for my 8700K live audio & video production machine

I know, weird topic but I recently bought the awesome Corsair SF750 which is their new small form factor platinum PSU. I got it cause I watched some interviews with the guy behind the design, who mentioned that their beefier 1500watt normal PSU's are digitally controlled, therefore often chosen over the non-digitally controlled ones, even if they don't need all that watt, because it can spit out the voltage in a much faster and more precisely regulated manner as opposed to "traditional designs".

So anyway I opted for the small size and low weight rather than an overkill 1000+ PSU for my build, but since I'm contemplating upgrading my ASRock Z370 Pro4 I was thinking, maybe some motherboards have compensated for this, to where it either doesn't matter, or to where the motherboard essentially digitally controls it's power requirements so that the PSU doesn't have to (since it per design isn't capable of it)

Basically what I want is clean power to my delidded 8700k which will be upgraded to a delidded 9900K(S) some day and I want independent PCI-e lanes, no compromises like shared lanes, shared ports etc. which is also kind of difficult info to get a hold of, so if any of you could advice me on which mobo's are the bomb when it comes to clean fast power and other components, specifically teach us about what digital and technological advances has been made and for which mobo's these advances are featured. My use case is: live (meaning real time computing) ultra low latency audio and video rendering, encoding, decoding, live software monitoring, streaming etc. so ya, looking for fast stuff here folks, not gamer oriented features or over-night rendering :)

15 minutes ago, torbenscharling said:

I know, weird topic but I recently bought the awesome Corsair SF750 which is their new small form factor platinum PSU. I got it cause I watched some interviews with the guy behind the design, who mentioned that their beefier 1500watt normal PSU's are digitally controlled, therefore often chosen over the non-digitally controlled ones, even if they don't need all that watt, because it can spit out the voltage in a much faster and more precisely regulated manner as opposed to "traditional designs".

So anyway I opted for the small size and low weight rather than an overkill 1000+ PSU for my build, but since I'm contemplating upgrading my ASRock Z370 Pro4 I was thinking, maybe some motherboards have compensated for this, to where it either doesn't matter, or to where the motherboard essentially digitally controls it's power requirements so that the PSU doesn't have to (since it per design isn't capable of it)

Basically what I want is clean power to my delidded 8700k which will be upgraded to a delidded 9900K(S) some day and I want independent PCI-e lanes, no compromises like shared lanes, shared ports etc. which is also kind of difficult info to get a hold of, so if any of you could advice me on which mobo's are the bomb when it comes to clean fast power and other components, specifically teach us about what digital and technological advances has been made and for which mobo's these advances are featured. My use case is: live (meaning real time computing) ultra low latency audio and video rendering, encoding, decoding, live software monitoring, streaming etc. so ya, looking for fast stuff here folks, not gamer oriented features or over-night rendering :)

The mono does digitally control the power.

The PSU inputs 12V, Mobo VRM controller takes signal from CPU/BIOS to send 1.2-1.4v to CPU.

The Mobo's with the best VRM is the Z390 Extreme on LGA1151, but that costs like 500$ and isn't worth it. The Z390 Master is also good, as is the Z390 Pro. All of these are from gigabyte, which basically holds a monopoly on Z390 VRM designs.

21 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

The mono does digitally control the power.

The PSU inputs 12V, Mobo VRM controller takes signal from CPU/BIOS to send 1.2-1.4v to CPU.

The Mobo's with the best VRM is the Z390 Extreme on LGA1151, but that costs like 500$ and isn't worth it. The Z390 Master is also good, as is the Z390 Pro. All of these are from gigabyte, which basically holds a monopoly on Z390 VRM designs.

Cheers for the swift and precise response, even if it makes me look a bit dumb for not realizing that fact XD I was just of the thought that perhaps some cheaper boards would not be strong enough to hold whatever current stably but I guess it has more to do with the power draw capabilities on the board, what they are rated for, ie quality and choice of components, rather than the design of the PSU, since it also looks like a very premium thing to choose (digitally controlled PSU)

I like what the Gigabyte Z390 Designare brings in terms of USB inputs and the fact that it has direct access via the PCI-E's to the CPU, something I read no other (?) Z390 board does...I'm thinking that may benifit me when looking for optimal board for low round trip latency audio and video, since my audio will be pci-e based (RME AIO) and possible with some DSP cards (UAD2 PCI-E) as well as using an Avermedia PCI-E capture card and potentially investing in other PCI-E gear, does anyone know the real world benifits of choosing such a card versus one of the "gamer/overclocker" ones? Really I'm mostly working in Ableton Live and Reaper DAW as well as OBS and some video editing software..