Which GPU to buy?

DEZIQN KILLER

In the new year I’m wanting to upgrade my graphics card. I’m currently running an Inno3D GTX 1050Ti and it’s just not cutting it in games anymore. I’m looking for something to pair with my Ryzen 5 2600. I thought about the 5700XT but I wanted to know what others think is a good idea. I do like the thought of an all AMD setup and they have made some pretty big moves over the last few years.

All help is appreciated

The 5700 XT is by all means a good choice. The budget kings this time around are the gigabyte OC and sapphire pulse.

Just to be sure, what specific power supply are you using?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, DEZIQN KILLER said:

In the new year I’m wanting to upgrade my graphics card. I’m currently running an Inno3D GTX 1050Ti and it’s just not cutting it in games anymore. I’m looking for something to pair with my Ryzen 5 2600. I thought about the 5700XT but I wanted to know what others think is a good idea. I do like the thought of an all AMD setup and they have made some pretty big moves over the last few years.

All help is appreciated

well, the Ryzen 5 2600 has a couple of reviews of what is the maximum it can run for a GPU without bottlenecking, and that would be the RTX 2070. Anything higher and consider getting a 3600. The RX 5700/5700 XT would work well if not better unless you like raytracing. So basically any GPU not better than the RTX 2070/RX 5700 XT can be handled well by a Ryzen 5 2600.

1 hour ago, Grayxol said:

well, the Ryzen 5 2600 has a couple of reviews of what is the maximum it can run for a GPU without bottlenecking, and that would be the RTX 2070. Anything higher and consider getting a 3600. The RX 5700/5700 XT would work well if not better unless you like raytracing. So basically any GPU not better than the RTX 2070/RX 5700 XT can be handled well by a Ryzen 5 2600.

I was considering the 5700XT quite highly as I don’t much care for ray tracing. Any recommendations for which brand to go with? Not heard too much good on the side of the reference card temps

3 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

The 5700 XT is by all means a good choice. The budget kings this time around are the gigabyte OC and sapphire pulse.

Just to be sure, what specific power supply are you using?

I’m using an Aerocool 700W but I plan on getting a fully modular 850W+ PSU

6 minutes ago, DEZIQN KILLER said:

I’m using an Aerocool 700W but I plan on getting a fully modular 850W+ PSU

prioritize quality over wattage or modularity. Get a 550 watt unit that's really good, like a Corsair TX550M or CX550. There's also the EVGA GD, or Bitfenix Formula gold. 850 watts is a ton.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Good suggestions already given. Just for the sake of stating it. There is nothing about "an all AMD setup" that is better. AMD, Intel and nVidia all communicate via PCIe, there is nothing magic about any combination. As of now, all AMD is the only way to get PCIe 4.0, but your current CPU doesn't support it, and even then, no real-world benchmarks show it mattering, even with much higher end hardware.

Having said that, yes, the 5700 XT seems like a great deal.

At what resolution do you play at and what is your budget?

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

On 11/20/2019 at 11:17 PM, DEZIQN KILLER said:

I was considering the 5700XT quite highly as I don’t much care for ray tracing. Any recommendations for which brand to go with? Not heard too much good on the side of the reference card temps

Well, Gamers Nexus did a comparison between Third-Party RX 5700 XT Models. The best choices there overall was the Gigabyte Windforce model and Sapphire Pulse Model. You really can't go wrong with their thermals, and the Gigabyte one is the cheapest on Amazon at $399. Not all reviews for the RX 5700 series are good though, there are still the occasional poorly functioning drivers. 

RTX 2070 or a good 5700. It was either Steve or Jay who noted that its not that much of a boost for the XT over 5700 to justify cost and thermals. An OC-d 5700 can be as good as a stock XT.