Pc randomly "sleeping"

Icemonster26
Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,

If holding the physical power button doesn't turn the computer off even if it's asleep or frozen then I'd say you have a front panel connector in the wrong spot on the motherboard, as for the sleep issue, have you disabled sleeping completely in settings?

A few times now my pc has suddenly gone to sleep while ive been downloading or playing something, it's shut down while using unreal engine, while downloading a large file from chrome and some other times but the odd thing I'd that it's more like a coma as I cannot wake it up and I can't turn it of with the case power button so I have to turn off the PSU, any ideas what it could be?

For info I'm using:

Motherboard:Rog strix b450-f

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: 16gb 2666mhz (I know it's low)

GPU: Rog strix oc Rx 5700 xt

CPU cooler: h100i

Storage: only a 2tb wd blue HDD nothing else

If holding the physical power button doesn't turn the computer off even if it's asleep or frozen then I'd say you have a front panel connector in the wrong spot on the motherboard, as for the sleep issue, have you disabled sleeping completely in settings?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

Yeah I've disabled it, why?

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

But the power button and things always work perfectly

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

So any idea from this what I could change?

29 minutes ago, Icemonster26 said:

Yeah I've disabled it, why?

Just checking, have you adjusted the power plan to high performance?

28 minutes ago, Icemonster26 said:

But the power button and things always work perfectly

Ok if it's hooked up correctly then it could be an issue with your motherboard or PSU itself.

24 minutes ago, Icemonster26 said:

So any idea from this what I could change?

Not really enough information to go on yet, what have you tried to get it to work? 

P.S. in response to what I'm asking or saying you can put it all in the same reply, no need to reply to the same post 3 separate times...

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Just checking, have you adjusted the power plan to high performance?

Ok if it's hooked up correctly then it could be an issue with your motherboard or PSU itself.

Not really enough information to go on yet, what have you tried to get it to work? 

P.S. in response to what I'm asking or saying you can put it all in the same reply, no need to reply to the same post 3 separate times...

Ok, I'm not sure if I have the power plan on high performance, why does that change it?

52 minutes ago, Icemonster26 said:

Ok, I'm not sure if I have the power plan on high performance, why does that change it?

If it's on balanced or any of the lower settings it still has sleep enabled in some instances having it on high performance gets rid of all sleep functions or at least the ones mixed in with all the power plan settings.

Might not be the same for you but I literally just ran into this problem yesterday. I have a B450 Tomahawk, but I went into bios and sure enough there was a setting disabling the computer to be woken up through usb devices. Look through your bios settings.