Thinking about installing OSX

Okay, I'm thinking about using 2 operating systems, however I'm not sure if OSX will play nice with some of my hardware (my graphics card specifically)

Specs-

mobo-Asus Z87-a

RAM-8gb corsair vengeance @ 1866

Hard drive-seagate 2tb SSHD (8gb)

Boot drives - Samsung 840 pro (128gb)

CPU-i7 4770K

GPU-780Ti

Disk drive-generic + generic card reader

I'm also wondering about boot loaders to prevent me spamming F8 to enter the bios every time I want to swap operating systems.

I have also heard that OSX doesn't like to work with the 780ti, but i also heard that about the 780ti running minecraft a while ago (which it does, very well)

Okay, I'm thinking about using 2 operating systems, however I'm not sure if OSX will play nice with some of my hardware (my graphics card specifically)

Specs-

mobo-Asus Z87-a

RAM-8gb corsair vengeance @ 1866

Hard drive-seagate 2tb SSHD (8gb)

Boot drives - Samsung 840 pro (128gb)

CPU-i7 4770K

GPU-780Ti

Disk drive-generic + generic card reader

I'm also wondering about boot loaders to prevent me spamming F8 to enter the bios every time I want to swap operating systems.

Also, if OSX won't work well for me i will run a linux distro, possibly steamOS.

Also, if OSX won't work well for me i will run a linux distro, possibly steamOS.

you should be able to install OSX also why did yOu quote yourself just edit it adding or subtracting your the text you want

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

More than plenty.

I'd hold off on steamOS until it's more mature. Linux mint is a good option in the mean time.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

you should be able to install OSX also why did yOu quote yourself just edit it adding or subtracting your the text you want

I'm new to forums in general, soo thanks for the tip i guess.

I'm new to forums in general, soo thanks for the tip i guess.

oh i see my bad i hadnt realized you were new so hey :D welcome

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

oh i see my bad i hadnt realized you were new so hey :D welcome

Thank you~

More than plenty.

I'd hold off on steamOS until it's more mature. Linux mint is a good option in the mean time.

Yeah, i have linux mint on my laptop at the moment and i like it, I just prefer the idea of using OSX because of the support and the fact despite apples overpriced products, they do have cheap software. But yeah I probably will hold off steamOS, thanks.

You can check out this article on setting up a hackintosh. http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-date-guide-to-building-a-hackintosh-o-5841604

If it doesn't work out, I highly suggest installing Ubuntu or Elementary OS (Very Simple) as a linux partition if you have never used linux before.  If you want something more complex and advanced try manjaro linux which is based off of arch linux.  

doing hackintosh is easier if you already have a mac due to the installer you need to make in most tuts. you can use a virtual machines with OSX in it for those bits.

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

it would probably be better and easier to load a version of Linux that looks similar like Pear OS it probably has about the same amount of support as OSX when you use Wine ect.

unless there's something about OSX that you really want there isn't much point in getting it

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?