Cooling options for my case

Zdrutz

Hey guys. I have an i5-4670k with 8 gigs of 1600mhz vengeance (Tall ones! let's call this strike one on my part) a gtx 660, all in an Asrock Z87M Extreme4 and inside a Cougar Spike case (this would be strike two). My dream case would've been the Obsidian 350D, but it's an inch too tall to fit in my desk. 
The cougar spike doesn't allow wire management via a backwall and also has a top mounted PSU (a CX600M in my case).
I am still on the stock cooler since I opted for an SSD with my last 100 euros and am now searching for a way to put some efficient cooling on my proc. I don't aim for crazy high OCs, just a stable 4, 4.2 GHz maybe via the presets in the UEFI. 
So I have come to consider a water cooling option like the Corsair H80i and an air cooling option
Noctua NH-U12S (S because i have tall RAM and 12 because 14 would be a few mm too tall for my case)

I which would you consider better among the two? 
I personally am drawn to the water cooling due to the better looks inside the case, but the thing is, due to the double 120mm fans and the thick radiator, that option would be covering a little under a half of my PSU fan (the PSU being top mounted). I have searched the net and have not seen anything on the subject, though I assume it wouldn't be wise. But just in case, would it do damage to the PSU or would the intake over there still be efficient in this case.

Thank you!

PS: I have seen this online http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag80/LadYKilleR8520/Cougar/IMG_7220_zps5fbfdaf8.jpg. though the H80i has dual fans and a thicker rad. Is it possible to mount the rad and one fan inside the case and the other fan on the outside. Sort of like the case's wall coming in between one fan on one side and the rad and the other fan on the inside?

Try one of these:

0004601341880_500X500.jpg

But seriously...

The Noctua will probably be good assuming you have decent airflow in the case itself.

I have one high quality fan at the front for intake and the case has its standard 120 mm at the back. So, you're saying that if i put the h80i inside, that part where it leaves about half an inch or an inch of space to half of the PSU is dangerous?

Looking at the photo, it would probably be fine.

But I would invest in a better case. 

Nothing to see here - move along.

I'd say stick to air cooling since you're going for a more conservative OC. Just make sure to add at least another 120mm intake through the side mounting points.

But yes, it seems like the water cooling solution will work inside that case. Albeit, you might have to place the 2nd rad fan outside the case.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.