Cablemod cables suspicious?

PaNdRaGoN

Hello.

A few weeks back I built myself a new computer with a RX 5700 XT and a Corsair TX-650M. I also bought some cablemod extensions. After 5 minutes of letting the computer install windows the gpu went dead and got replaced as a DOA product. Now that the other one came, it works fine. With the first GPU I used the cablemod extensions and got the 2 8pin cables from on connector to the PSU. Now I do not use any extensions and got the 8pins from 2 different connections. I am afraid that if by any chance an extension has a problem it will kill this GPU too. In the first case I do not know what went wrong. It could have been something with the cables or just a bad GPU. I tested the 6pin connectors with my old GTX 660 without any extensions and it worked just fine, as well as with a 6pin cablemod extension of the same package. Any advices on how could I check if the extensions are working properly? I do not have any electronic instruments to measure them or something, but as a last resort I am willing to get them to a technician but should he be a computer related one or electrician?

Sounds like you had a bad GPU, if you're not having any issues with the Cablemod cable on another card then it's likely you had a bad card out of the box.

1 hour ago, Eton said:

Sounds like you had a bad GPU, if you're not having any issues with the Cablemod cable on another card then it's likely you had a bad card out of the box.

I did not try the same exact cables on another GPU as I do not have any other GPU with *pin connector. The 6pin extension that was in the package with these 8pins worked fine.