New GPU Upgrade

supRac

My friend is looking for a GPU upgrade to play the new Modern Warfare.

His current setup is

CPU - i7 3770

Motherboard - ASRock Z77 Extreme4

8GB RAM DDR3

GPU - GTX 750 Ti

His budget is 300€ and I was suggesting him the 1660 Ti/S

Would you go with this? Would there be any issues with the current motherboard? Do you think there will be significant bottleneck?

Is it worth to get more ram for him? I told him that 8gb should be enough for any game.

Ram could be a useful upgrade, especially if he went used because used DDR3 is so cheap.Their might be a slight cpu bottleneck but nothing too major

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

I don't think there would be a bottleneck in this. A 1660 or a Ti is a giant upgrade from a 750 ti.

8gb (2×4gb preferred) is the recommended minimum, if you're worried about getting higher framerates get into either 4×4gb or 2×8gb life by adding more of the same brand and type of ram.

Unrelated tho, it is weird seeing non-K CPUs in a Z mobo. I'm guessing he's gonna swap the cpu in the future yes?

I'm greatly above potato, but I'm getting there...

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with Snowman MT-6 Dual Fans (CPU @ 3.8 GHz - 4.375 GHz to 4.5 GHz @ 1.1V - 1.35V),

MOBO: MSI B550-A Pro
GPU: Asrock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3 (1820MHz core @930mV)

RAM: TeamGroup T-Force Delta DDR4 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz 16-17-17-37-58 @ 1.35V,

HARD DRIVE: WD 1TB Blue 
SSD: Toshiba XG5 Series NVMe 512GB (KXG50GVN512G) & Crucial MX500 1TB

CASE: DeepCool Kendomen Titanium case
PSU: Corsair RM-750 (2019) 80+ Gold

Display: Asus VP249QGR via HDMI (144Hz)

Keyboard: Generic PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: Generic Honeycomb 250Hz Mouse
Speakers: Generic Headset

And yes, there are now fans. 5 Arctic P12 PST's

Userbenchmark Run: 
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25234338 I don't trust that site anymore

13 hours ago, Totally Average Gameplay said:

I don't think there would be a bottleneck in this. A 1660 or a Ti is a giant upgrade from a 750 ti.

8gb (2×4gb preferred) is the recommended minimum, if you're worried about getting higher framerates get into either 4×4gb or 2×8gb life by adding more of the same brand and type of ram.

Unrelated tho, it is weird seeing non-K CPUs in a Z mobo. I'm guessing he's gonna swap the cpu in the future yes?

The motherboard supports DDR3 Only, so it would be best to upgrade the whole motherboard. I'm pretty certain he has a prebuilt, so that'll be a little hard.

Not sure if he ever changed the CPU, I'm not faimiliar with the Z mobos so I don't really know about the whole K situation. I don't think he will change the cpu. What problems is there with that?

I have now suggested him to get more ram, 2x4gb DDR3.

16 hours ago, supRac said:

The motherboard supports DDR3 Only, so it would be best to upgrade the whole motherboard. I'm pretty certain he has a prebuilt, so that'll be a little hard.

Not sure if he ever changed the CPU, I'm not faimiliar with the Z mobos so I don't really know about the whole K situation. I don't think he will change the cpu. What problems is there with that?

I have now suggested him to get more ram, 2x4gb DDR3.

Not a pre built in the sense of oem.. asrock is good.  3770 is just fine. Upgrade the ram.  Ddr3 is fine. Get an rx 580 and call it a day. Are they using.  Ssd?