Mojang password reset link doesn't work

confused.cat
Go to solution Solved by confused.cat,

I dont know why, but some days later I tried resetting my password again and it worked...

Thank you for your support guys!

Hi guys!

Linus posted a community message on the LTT YouTube channel half an hour ago saying that we should help stress test the new LTT minecraft server.

I haven't played Minecraft for some weeks and when I tried to start the game it prompted me to login. Unfortunately I could not remember my password, so I tried resetting it via an E-Mail link.

After I recieve the mail and click on the link, I can type in a new password, but when I click on confirm, a message will show up saying that the password reset link is expired. The mail says the link will be valid for 48 hours, so why does it not work?

1 minute ago, confused.cat said:

Hi guys!

Linus posted a community message on the LTT YouTube channel half an hour ago saying that we should help stress test the new LTT minecraft server.

I haven't played Minecraft for some weeks and when I tried to start the game it prompted me to login. Unfortunately I could not remember my password, so I tried resetting it via an E-Mail link.

After I recieve the mail and click on the link, I can type in a new password, but when I click on confirm, a message will show up saying that the password reset link is expired. The mail says the link will be valid for 48 hours, so why does it not work?

Any issues I have ever experienced when working with clients at work regarding hyperlinks for passwords or similar, it always turned out to be a problem either with the browser needing a quick cleanup/cookie wipe or the website is being wak. 

I would begin by running a cleaning utility to clear any soggy and stale cookies making a mess of your browsers. Then report back.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

I wiped the cache and the cookies, but it still won't work. Also went through the whole process on my smartphone, same thing there.

And you verified that the password change did not go into effect?

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

Found your post this morning while searching and trying to troubleshoot my Minecraft password reset... solved it, as I had Enable Content Blockers turned on for the Mojang website. Unchecked that and password reset worked fine. 

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know why, but some days later I tried resetting my password again and it worked...

Thank you for your support guys!