upgrading my very first pc

Evolution.

Main concern with this was that I wasn't sure if the core 2 quad q6600 would be compatible with the motherboard due to the fact the original cpu was a single core celeron 420. after all the upgrades this pc is usable for everyday tasks and has no problem handling them, i'd even go as far to say the C2Q was overkill and I would've gone with a C2D but that's all i had laying around. This whole pc was upgraded from the parts I had laying around. Before you think a machine is trash realize that some simple upgrades can breath life in to it for years to come, if you had asked me a few years ago if this pc would ever be used again i would've laughed I truly played myself. imgur gallery down below with all the pics.  

https://imgur.com/gallery/9zQUAlK

That's gonna be some great 1080p gaming. Congrats to your new rig

7 hours ago, CircleTech said:

@Schnoz not much to comment here except uhh:

Good job. 

Its not suprising at all these old PCs are still usable and worth something. I just wish I was back in Detroit again where I have access to as many cheap PCs as I could ever want.

Thanks. It's not surprising to us sure, but im certain many pcs like these are thrown out as junk even though they have plenty of life in them with some simple upgrades. They could be re-purposed as simple office machines and more. Also, stop wishing and start doing, what you had going up there was the dream however sometimes you have to adapt to your current circumstances gotta work with what you got basically. It's all about how bad you really need it and that's where I think we differ.    

9 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

Nice! Just a reasonable bump imo, but still pretty nice.

I'd say more than reasonable lol, went from everything freezin every other second trying to do basic tasks to everything working flawlessly.

7 hours ago, Jpo_Fett said:

That's gonna be some great 1080p gaming. Congrats to your new rig

didn't even think about it like that but yeah, since it was my first PC I'm gonna keep it around for sentimental value.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:31 AM, CircleTech said:

@Schnoz not much to comment here except uhh:

Good job.

why'd you tag schnoz? thread is from venomz

Details separate people.