Nf-f12

Anyone know if you could perhaps spray NF-F12s another colour?

SET UP:

Corsair Vengeance C70 | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i7 3770k | STOCK COOLER  :( soon to be replaced with a H220! | EVGA 660ti FTW ed. 2GB | 16gb Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz | Corsair 120GB Neutron GTX SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair AX860i | Corsair AF120 QE X4

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11025-dyeing-noctua-fans/

You can dye them.

Paint will add weight to the blades and can cause noise and lower performance.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Anyone know if you could perhaps spray NF-F12s another colour?

like this?

09302012003.jpg

yes, it is doable, but you have to be vary, very careful not to run, glob or upset

the balance of the blade assembly or they will vibrate, terribly..  and you loose

any warranty painting or dyeing them. just a FYI for the future..

airdeano

like this?

09302012003.jpg

yes, it is doable, but you have to be vary, very careful not to run, glob or upset

the balance of the blade assembly or they will vibrate, terribly..  and you loose

airdeano

Did you take them apart or just mask the crap out of them?

I can imagine if you took them apart, dying would be a fairly easy process, but I can't find anywhere that has a method of pulling them apart, and I don't want to throw a bunch of money at some fans to just rip them apart and break them.

Zephyr:

3770k (Stock clock) w/ Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R | 16GB DDR3 @ 2133Mhz | 2x Radeon HD 6950 (Reference, stock clock) | Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional | Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200w | 60GB SSD Boot, 750GB HDD Media, 1TB HDD Programs

As far as I am aware you cannot disasemble an NF-F12. :(

This depresses me.

Zephyr:

3770k (Stock clock) w/ Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R | 16GB DDR3 @ 2133Mhz | 2x Radeon HD 6950 (Reference, stock clock) | Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional | Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200w | 60GB SSD Boot, 750GB HDD Media, 1TB HDD Programs

This depresses me.

Me too :(

This depresses me.

Me too :(

the only way is breaking them apart and no way to repair the damage (sacrificed one to the dye-gods)

i masked off the chassis assembly first and then, sanded and color-coated the white fan blades

then waited 2-weeks and masked the blades, sanded and color-coated the chassis in flat black.

was not an expeiernce many should have.. but the results weren't too bad. the P-14 vibrates, badly.

found two paint sags (out-of-balance). feather sanded those errors and now it's golden.

total time masking chassis: 88:00min

2-week cure-time for white enamel to dry, harden and cure.

total time masking blade assembly: 102:00min

airdeano

the only way is breaking them apart and no way to repair the damage (sacrificed one to the dye-gods)

i masked off the chassis assembly first and then, sanded and color-coated the white fan blades

then waited 2-weeks and masked the blades, sanded and color-coated the chassis in flat black.

was not an expeiernce many should have.. but the results weren't too bad. the P-14 vibrates, badly.

found two paint sags (out-of-balance). feather sanded those errors and now it's golden.

total time masking chassis: 88:00min

2-week cure-time for white enamel to dry, harden and cure.

total time masking blade assembly: 102:00min

airdeano

You have the patience of a god. I envy you.

Did you do any performance comparisons for before and after?

Zephyr:

You have the patience of a god. I envy you.

Did you do any performance comparisons for before and after?

none.. same ole low temps once the vibration was cured.. runs 100% as silent and purdier, too!

airdeano

it seems like a lot of hassle 

SET UP:

Corsair Vengeance C70 | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i7 3770k | STOCK COOLER  :( soon to be replaced with a H220! | EVGA 660ti FTW ed. 2GB | 16gb Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz | Corsair 120GB Neutron GTX SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair AX860i | Corsair AF120 QE X4

like this?

09302012003.jpg

airdeano

These look amazing!

SET UP:

thank you. sacrificing a fan or two for the cause.

for an effect, i'm going to install that NH-D14 into my CaseLabs SM8 for a shake-down

run. big cooler needs a big case! LOL

airdeano