Gigabyte AD27QD vs Asus TUF VG27AQ

Tausif Ahmed

Please help me choose between these two monitors. Both of their specifications are nearly identical, so i am not quite sure about which one to opt for.

Both of them meets my requirements (144hz, 1440p) and any other features that are mutually exclusive doest not concern me really.

So now, the deciding factor for me is the vividness of the display. Which monitor would give me the most accurate colors and experience overall? 

Thanks you!

I can vouch for the AD27QD, it's a really gorgeous monitor with vibrant colors, the 10 bit mode is pretty appealing. 

Also, not sure if Asus has sorted out the production issues on their high end monitors yet

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I can vouch for the gigabyte (have one myself). Colours look so stunning and vibrant, and have nothing bad to say about it. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Just now, Fasauceome said:

I can vouch for the AD27QD, it's a really gorgeous monitor with vibrant colors, the 10 bit mode is pretty appealing. 

Also, not sure if Asus has sorted out the production issues on their high end monitors yet

I heard you that can't run the 10bit color mode while running the monitor at 144hz? is it true? 

3 minutes ago, Tausif Ahmed said:

I heard you that can't run the 10bit color mode while running the monitor at 144hz? is it true? 

yes, the 10 bit mode limits the refresh rate to 120Hz, but this is not a severe problem.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

yes, the 10 bit mode limits the refresh rate to 120Hz, but this is not a severe problem.

Running at 120hz while playing non competitive games doesnt sound quite bad. I too am leaning towards buying the gigabyte monitor, since a lot of its users are a big fan. Would you suggest any calibration in the monitor OSD/Nvidia control panel that needs to be done once i get the monitor? Any video or any suggestion would be a great help!

2 minutes ago, Tausif Ahmed said:

Running at 120hz while playing non competitive games doesnt sound quite bad. I too am leaning towards buying the gigabyte monitor, since a lot of its users are a big fan. Would you suggest any calibration in the monitor OSD/Nvidia control panel that needs to be done once i get the monitor? Any video or any suggestion would be a great help!

You should mess with some settings in the OSD just to see what works for you, and in terms of nvidia control panel, I believe 60Hz is set by default so you'd need to change that.

Primary PC:

13 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I can vouch for the gigabyte (have one myself). Colours look so stunning and vibrant, and have nothing bad to say about it. 

Are the default settings in the nvida contro pannel/ monitor osd enough to get good colors? did you do any intensive calibrations?

17 minutes ago, Tausif Ahmed said:

Are the default settings in the nvida contro pannel/ monitor osd enough to get good colors? did you do any intensive calibrations?

Nope. Did sweet fuck all to be honest. There’s a huge amount of settings in the OSD. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD