System powered down while gaming

CRA5HMAN
Go to solution Solved by jnd5260,
19 hours ago, CRA5HMAN said:

Hello, 

My systems specifications are in my signature below.  I was playing PUBG earlier this week and in the middle of a match my PC completely powered off. It did not restart itself  and I turned it back on and actually got back into my match. I have never had this happen before and it’s been a few days of intense gaming since and it hasn’t happened again.  It wasn’t a power outage because I have a UPS and my lights in the basement didn’t flicker.  My psu is 5 1/2 years old but is a high quality unit.  

Can this just happen as a one off?  Any ideas as to what might have caused this? Should I immediately get a new psu?  I have some valuable components and don’t want to damage anything.

If it only happened one time, and didn't happen again (yet), I wouldn't immediately buy another PSU. You could potentially have video card driver issues or even windows driver issues. Try downloading DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and uninstall all video card drivers and reinstall. Do some tests on the PSU, like stress tests on the GPU and CPU or change settings in games while monitoring CPU and GPU power usage. Do you hear any noises coming from your PC, particularly near your PSU? Have you dusted your case out, and dusted out the fan of your PSU? 

Hello, 

My systems specifications are in my signature below.  I was playing PUBG earlier this week and in the middle of a match my PC completely powered off. It did not restart itself  and I turned it back on and actually got back into my match. I have never had this happen before and it’s been a few days of intense gaming since and it hasn’t happened again.  It wasn’t a power outage because I have a UPS and my lights in the basement didn’t flicker.  My psu is 5 1/2 years old but is a high quality unit.  

Can this just happen as a one off?  Any ideas as to what might have caused this? Should I immediately get a new psu?  I have some valuable components and don’t want to damage anything.

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

19 hours ago, CRA5HMAN said:

Hello, 

If it only happened one time, and didn't happen again (yet), I wouldn't immediately buy another PSU. You could potentially have video card driver issues or even windows driver issues. Try downloading DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and uninstall all video card drivers and reinstall. Do some tests on the PSU, like stress tests on the GPU and CPU or change settings in games while monitoring CPU and GPU power usage. Do you hear any noises coming from your PC, particularly near your PSU? Have you dusted your case out, and dusted out the fan of your PSU? 

Thanks for you input.  No weird noises and my components are not dusty at all.  I monitor my temperatures and usage of my GPU and CPU while gaming and they are in a normal range.  I will try some stress tests and DDU.  

Thanks again!

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B