budget cpu upgrade

i need the best budget bang for the buck pc that can run pubg over 1080p 60 fps medium settings. i live in canada  i have a gtx 1060 6gb i would also like to light stream but best price to performance comes first.

2 minutes ago, KieranTHeBesT said:

i need the best budget bang for the buck pc that can run pubg over 1080p 60 fps medium settings. i live in canada  i have a gtx 1060 6gb i would also like to light stream but best price to performance comes first.

If want = 'new':

Buy = 'Ryzen 5 3600'

else:

Buy = 'Used i7' 

Main PC: ROG Zephyrus G14 2020
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS |

RAM : 16Gb DDR4 |

GPU : Nvidia GTX 1660Ti Max Q |

Storage : 512Gb NVme SSD |

Secondary PC:

CPU Xeon E5 2620 v3 |

Mobo : Jingsha X99 D4 |

RAM : 16Gb DDR4 |

Cooler : Deepcool Ice Edge Mini FS V2 |

GPU : Nvidia GTX750Ti |

Storage : Samsung 860 EVO 250gb (OS) |

PSU : Super Flower SF-500R12N |

Case : Cube Gaming Fernos |

Peripherals:

Monitor : AOC 24G2 |

Keyboard : Digital Alliance Meca Fighter Ice - Akko CS Vintage White |

Mouse : HyperX Pulsefire Haste |

Headphones : Phillips SHP9500 |

Mic : Taffware BM800 |

Mic Arm : Some cheap bogstandard arm |

5 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Ryzen 5 1600 on literally any motherboard and 16gb of any ddr4 faster than 2666mhz

Used for even cheaper 

not a ryzen 5 2600? why not?

The best cheap b450 board is the b450m Pro4, and its variants, and the Ryzen 5 2600 is inexpensive.  some DDR4 3000 is also affordable. On eBay you can find all sorts of good deals on Ryzen 5 models

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Genwyn said:

1600 is generally cheaper and isn’t that much of a step down in performance 

used 1600’s are dirt cheap, paired with a used A320 board and used ram and it’s the best price to performance ratio

and that’s what was asked for, it’s not the best combo overall but for price to performance it’s as good as it gets without some really intensive deal hunting and luck coming into play

the 1600 is more expensive than the 2600 where i live lol

3 minutes ago, Genwyn said:

Well then get a 2600

is 16gb of ram a necessity?

The best value for money would be the Xeon X5670 (6/12) which goes for $15 with shipping. Multi-threaded performance wise, it's better than the i7-6700 and Ryzen 5 1400, draws about 95W and supports triple channel memory.

Sounds good, eh?

So... What's the catch, you ask?

Yes, there's a catch, unfortunately. There's ALWAYS a catch! The catch is the ridiculous prices of X58 boards, which go for $250 a piece. Heck, even used ones go for over $100.

But if you can afford it then definitely go for it!

16 hours ago, KieranTHeBesT said:

i need the best budget bang for the buck pc

What PC do you have atm? What platform/motherboard?

If you want to stream, go for the 1700 or 2700 wich you can find cheaper. Buy an asus prime b450m-k if you can use an mATX board. It's not the cheapest, but has the best price/features. I personally recommend to keep the stock cooler on stock frequencies. 

If you only want to go for that game with that 60fps and want new, the I5-9400F on some cheap H310 or B360 board, enable Multi-Core enhancement, buy a Hyper 212 from cooler master and call it a day. Pubg is so crap on Ryzen, cuz it's an unoptimised crap and the 9400F is really a good value. I can't recommend anything below that pricepoint, cuz it's not a good value below that point.

If you want the best bang for the buck, and play literally anything else, then go for the 3600, with the Asus board I mentioned before and the CM hyper 212. 

Go for dual-channel memory, with at least 8 gigs. If you go for intel, get the cheapest ddr4 2400-2666, if you go the R5 3600 or R7 2700 get 3200 CL17 or 3000 CL16 kit, but with the R7 1700, I don't recommend to go over 3000, becouse first gen ryzen memory support is a psin in the b**t.