Youtube audio QUIET in comparison to other apps, OnePlus 6

jimm3ronn

Hello

Summary of my issue:

I recently discovered that Youtube is MUCH more quiet than any other app on my phone. I would estimate about half of the actual volume.

What is NOT causing the issue:

It does not matter whether or not I am on the phone speakers, bluetooth, or AUX, the issue persists across the board. Any bluetooth device, any pair of headphones.

What I have discovered temporarily fixes the issue:

This is extremely odd. I realised that if I receive or make a call, regardless of whether or not the other person picks up or if I pick up, the volume of the video will go back to normal. ??? Nothing else can fix the issue even temporarily.

What I have tried:

Turning it off and on again. Clearing all data and cache from the app in the settings. Compared the same exact video on Vimeo or downloaded google music player. I have yet to do a factory reset on my device as that is the last thing I want to do. I also have Youtube Vanced installed which I was using before this issue occurred. 

Housekeeping:

I have recently discovered that Youtube on Chrome is also suffering from the same issue. Youtube on FireFox is not. I have played the same exact video on Vimeo on Chrome and it was having the same issue as well. I am starting to believe that this might be a google devices issue. No matter what method I use to access Youtube on my device it has the same issue. I primarily use my phone connected to bluetooth, to my bluetooth earphones, an AUX with a work vehicle and speakers. 

I am starting to lose my mind with this guys. Is anyone else suffering from this? Is anyone aware of a solution? Please help a fellow tech nerd out. Thank you

what phone do you have what os 
if the issu is only with youtube(own by google) or youtube on chrome(the same thing) but not on firefox it might be a setting issu? did you try disconnecting your acount and rebooting?

sorry for the bad english it is a second language to me

1 minute ago, chibugamo said:

what phone do you have what os 
if the issu is only with youtube(own by google) or youtube on chrome(the same thing) but not on firefox it might be a setting issu? did you try disconnecting your acount and rebooting?

As per the title, I am using a OnePlus 6.

I have tried using a different account and logging off altogether. There is no sound setting on youtube whatsoever. I would try using an audio boosting app if I could find one that would boost certain apps only and not all of my audio.

sorry i had read the tittle but instantly forgot about it 
a lot of people seem to have this exact probleme and they all find that it is acount related (since it do it with chrome and not firefox it also look like it)do you have the same probleme on a computer to? if you login on firefox do the probleme follow?

4 minutes ago, chibugamo said:

sorry i had read the tittle but instantly forgot about it 
a lot of people seem to have this exact probleme and they all find that it is acount related (since it do it with chrome and not firefox it also look like it)do you have the same probleme on a computer to? if you login on firefox do the probleme follow?

I just tested on chrome and that is indeed what is happening. If I am logged in to Youtube, the volume goes down. If I log out, the volume returns to normal. What in the hell

you are right youtube dont seems to have volume setting but it might be caused by another setting did you try to change the video quality does your phone have advance audio setting like suround more bass dobly stuff ect?

we are looking at a probleme with a lot of forum without answer XD