2nd PC build

TTwerty

Hi!

I'm trying to pick parts for my new pc build but I'm having problems with some parts.

My current build:

(Please ignore pricing, total should be around 1600$, I'm aware of the missing case)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€233.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€33.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€146.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€84.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€108.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG271C 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  (€269.00 @ Paradigit) 
Total: €877.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-29 23:52 CET+0100

I have about 150-200$ more I could spend but I'm unsure about my GPU, CPU and motherboard choices.

I could have a RTX 2070 super instead of the RTX 2060 super OR I could have a Ryzen 7 3700X instead of the Ryzen 7 2700X.. (Always open to other options or recommendations)

I also don't know what motherboard to pick with which CPU but I'm guessing X470 will do for AMD and Z390 for Intel?

Last thing I'm unsure about is the cpu cooler as I heard the boxed ones aren't great.

Open to all suggestions!

Thanks!

You don't need a 2700X CPU just get a 2700 and overclock it to 2700X levels. Everything else looks fine.

Not comfortable with overclocking, but the x is only 30$ diffrence so

I removed the CPU cooler since you won't OC.

You said you could stretch with 150-200€ more but if you don't want to, you can replace the 3700x with the 3600.

The 5700XT is better than the 2060S for the same price.

If you want another motherboard the MSI B450 Gaming Plus, Tomahawk, A-Pro and Mortar are good one but I don't see the MAX version which is Zen 2 ready.

Thanks for this suggestion, 

If I were to upgrade my gpu 150-200$, which one would I choose in your opinion? Since the 2070s seems to be very good. (haven't looked to amd alternatives) 

Is there also a reason to pick a expensive motherboard over a less expensive one, for example you picked the x570 but what about the x470? 

You also mentioned no need for extra cooling if you don't overclock, would be great if someone else could confirm this since I really don't want to destroy my pc due to lack of cooling. 

6 minutes ago, TTwerty said:

Thanks for this suggestion, 

If I were to upgrade my gpu 150-200$, which one would I choose in your opinion? Since the 2070s seems to be very good. (haven't looked to amd alternatives) 

Is there also a reason to pick a expensive motherboard over a less expensive one, for example you picked the x570 but what about the x470? 

You also mentioned no need for extra cooling if you don't overclock, would be great if someone else could confirm this since I really don't want to destroy my pc due to lack of cooling. 

Well the 2070S is better than the 5700XT :) 

Yes the X470 you chose is not Zen 2 ready and not even better than some B450 motherboard. The Elite is better than all of them for more indeed.

You can check :

And if you worry about cooling, the Dark Rock 4 or the cheaper eSports 34 are nice :) 

40 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Well the 2070S is better than the 5700XT :) 

Yes the X470 you chose is not Zen 2 ready and not even better than some B450 motherboard. The Elite is better than all of them for more indeed.

You can check :

And if you worry about cooling, the Dark Rock 4 or the cheaper eSports 34 are nice :) 

I can be wrong but if I use a 7 2700X, it doesn't need Zen 2 but only Zen+?

3 minutes ago, TTwerty said:

I can be wrong but if I use a 7 2700X, it doesn't need Zen 2 but only Zen+?

Yes indeed but the 3700x will overclass it and the 3600 is on par (also more recent).

54 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Yes indeed but the 3700x will overclass it and the 3600 is on par (also more recent).

Oh I see what you mean, but wouldn't it be beneficial to get a 3600X for 50$ more or is that a bad deal?

3 minutes ago, TTwerty said:

Oh I see what you mean, but wouldn't it be beneficial to get a 3600X for 50$ more or is that a bad deal?

For 50$ more yes it's a bad deal :/ 

Good to know!

So my current setup looks like this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€224.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  (€34.95 @ Paradigit) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€84.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€108.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  (€613.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG271C 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  (€269.00 @ Paradigit) 
Total: €1336.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-30 17:58 CET+0100

I haven't picked a motherboard for it yet as I don't really know if there is a big diffrence between an expensive B470 or a cheap X570 (or midrange X470).

I was also unsure about the GPU choice as there are a lot of versions for each card.

The CPU cooler I went with a cheap but not cheapest as I think it will do the trick or atleast be better then the included cooler?

Lastly if my build is finished I need to search for a nice case, is there anything except cooling and IO I need to pay attention to?

Thanks

I'll take a look at storage alternatives later.

To pick the PSU, I should just pick a A-tier one from the build guide tier list around 550w, as you think the 750 is overkill?

Then lastly I still need a few affortable MDB recommendations.

12 minutes ago, TTwerty said:

I'll take a look at storage alternatives later.

To pick the PSU, I should just pick a A-tier one from the build guide tier list around 550w, as you think the 750 is overkill?

Then lastly I still need a few affortable MDB recommendations.

Yes 750 is overkill :) 

As for the motherboard if any of those become available they are usually around 100€, Zen 2 ready and really good overall :

https://be.pcpartpicker.com/product/jcYQzy/msi-b450-tomahawk-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk-max

https://be.pcpartpicker.com/product/h7WBD3/msi-b450m-mortar-max-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-mortar-max

https://be.pcpartpicker.com/product/BHBhP6/msi-b450-gaming-plus-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-gaming-plus-max

https://be.pcpartpicker.com/product/XJbCmG/msi-b450-a-pro-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-a-pro-max

I read that Gigabyte GPU's aren't the best but in the tier list the 2070 SUPER gaming OC is a midrange GPU while the MSI Armor OC is midtier aswell (knowing the MSI is 22$ extra)?

In short, the only available cards in my region are:

GIGABYTE Gaming OC

MSI Armor OC (22$ extra)

MSI Gaming X (45$ extra)

They all seem to be midrange tier, so should I just get the Gigabyte?

5 hours ago, Plouffe said:

All MBD's you suggested have a incompatibility issues, which is weird since it says it's compatible almost everywhere?

"Warning! Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Matisse CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

Note: The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled."

Check it out here

!!!

IGNORE my consern above, just read about the "max" versions supporting 3rd gen.

The one and only last thing I need in my build is a case, any recommendations or things I should pay attention to?

8 hours ago, TTwerty said:

GIGABYTE Gaming OC

This one then, I own a GTX560Ti from gigabyte and a z68 motherboard, it's still working after 8 years so no complaints here.

6 hours ago, TTwerty said:

The one and only last thing I need in my build is a case, any recommendations or things I should pay attention to?

Do you want good airflow or silence? Tempered glass panel, acrylic or no window? And a price in mind?

You have a restricted market, can you use amazon.fr or .de ?

3 hours ago, Plouffe said:

This one then, I own a GTX560Ti from gigabyte and a z68 motherboard, it's still working after 8 years so no complaints here.

Do you want good airflow or silence? Tempered glass panel, acrylic or no window? And a price in mind?

You have a restricted market, can you use amazon.fr or .de ?

I don't really care about silence too much if it benefits my cooling, prefer any kind of window and like some rgb if possible. I like the cases that don't look like transformers and are a little more simplistic and cubic. 

Willing to spend around 90Eur, 100 max. 

The shop I use to buy my parts is https://www.alternate.be/ as it's one of the cheapest in Belgium. You can also use the .fr site as I see you are french and it probably has the same parts. 

8 minutes ago, TTwerty said:

I don't really care about silence too much if it benefits my cooling, prefer any kind of window and like some rgb if possible. I like the cases that don't look like transformers and are a little more simplistic and cubic. 

Willing to spend around 90Eur, 100 max. 

The shop I use to buy my parts is https://www.alternate.be/ as it's one of the cheapest in Belgium. You can also use the .fr site as I see you are french and it probably has the same parts. 

https://www.alternate.be/Cooler-Master/MasterCase-H500-tower-behuizing/html/product/1461357?event=search

One of the best case for air flow (mesh), RGB and TG but probably not your taste.

https://www.alternate.be/Phanteks/Enthoo-Pro-M-SE-tower-behuizing/html/product/1441768?event=search

As good, more to your taste I think and 100€ at the moment.

https://www.alternate.be/Fractal-Design/Meshify-C-TG-tower-behuizing/html/product/1403811?event=search

As good too but no RGB. 

There is also the mb511 RGB, cheaper, acrylic, RGB, mesh front panel but it's not available on alternate.

https://www.alternate.be/Fractal-Design/Focus-G-tower-behuizing/html/product/1341197?event=search

Same as the mb511 but even cheaper :) 

About my ram, I see that if I upgrade my (16gb DDR4) 3200 to a 3600 it says "Ryzen Optimized".

It's 20$ more, which isn't a lot, will it make a big diffrence?

11 minutes ago, TTwerty said:

About my ram, I see that if I upgrade my (16gb DDR4) 3200 to a 3600 it says "Ryzen Optimized".

It's 20$ more, which isn't a lot, will it make a big diffrence?

It would work well, it's just marketing to be honest but 3600MHz is the sweet spot for Zen 2, you can get 3600 instead but don't pay the "premium" price because it says "Ryzen Optimized".