Should I return my mobo or just roll with it

i built my pc a few weeks ago, noticed one of my ports is dead. 2 of the usb 3 pins broke off during install. its the non max b450 tomahawk, but now the max is available its still in the return phase. I can get a refund and get the max for the working usb port and bigger bios chip. It wouldnt be too much hassle, if the only difference is a text based/non text based bios I dont really care much, but if its possible to have ryzen 4000 support from the bigger chip I will return it. Does anyone know the differences between the max and non-max?

When it comes to broken hardware, you'll eventually wish you swapped it out for a functional mobo. Maybe you'll want to sell it down the line, and having to list it with a broken USB header won't exactly make it sell fast 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The max has double the bios capacity and it will for sure be supported by 4th gen ryzen. The non max still has the minor capacity bios that is already full (to put into context they had to remove support for the full older generation of Athlon apus), so future support isn't guaranteed

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

When it comes to broken hardware, you'll eventually wish you swapped it out for a functional mobo. Maybe you'll want to sell it down the line, and having to list it with a broken USB header won't exactly make it sell fast 

thats what i was thinking

8 minutes ago, Epimetheus said:

The max has double the bios capacity and it will for sure be supported by 4th gen ryzen. The non max still has the minor capacity bios that is already full (to put into context they had to remove support for the full older generation of Athlon apus), so future support isn't guaranteed

yeah i knew it had double the capacity but i wasnt sure if they were still going to make sure it would still be compatible

i think im just gonna cross ship with amazon

do you know of any good b450/x470 boards with similar vrm setups or even better for not too much more that have jrainbow headers , i plan on doing some flashy upgrades