Streaming PC

I watch a lot of twitch.tv. Once I build my pc which will be in a few weeks, I might start streaming. I have noticed that quite a few people have a streaming pc in addition to their gaming pc. Can someone please explain the whole process of this to me?

it separates the Computing and the CPU demanding part of streaming to a different machine that has a capture card to make it faster to stream/record.

So you would have to have another PC with a capture card and good encoding capability on the CPU.

I am a happy wuffy

I watch a lot of twitch.tv. Once I build my pc which will be in a few weeks, I might start streaming. I have noticed that quite a few people have a streaming pc in addition to their gaming pc. Can someone please explain the whole process of this to me?

streaming puts a allot of stress on your cpu so that can effect gaming, having a second pc just makes it easier and more reliable 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Don't wanna take over the topic but was wondering how would a separate pc be hooked up to the gaming pc to stream? does the video go through a capture card on the second one first and then go to the monitor?

Don't wanna take over the topic but was wondering how would a separate pc be hooked up to the gaming pc to stream? does the video go through a capture card on the second one first and then go to the monitor?

The capture card from your streaming PC would be capturing from your gaming pc+streaming online. The video goes from your gaming pc to the streaming pc through an hdmi cable into the input for your capture card

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Yeah, this is what I just started doing. I use the AverMedia Live Gamer HD, fantastic card. Allowing me to offload all my streaming and capture needs to a secondary PC.

To be honest, most high end systems today can handle streaming pretty easily, but it's still nice to offload and know you're not taking any performance hits and it gives you better control over your stream in real time. It also makes benchmarking a lot easier obviously, I was even thinking of giving the AverMedia Live Gamer Portable a try for on the go capture needs.

Anyway, all you do is run an HDMI cable from your PC's video card, to the HDMI input on the capture card/device, then HDMI back to your display. As well as audio pass-through if needed. It's not hard to setup at all. There are many tutorials online to assist you.

this is what I wanted to know

Yeah, this is what I just started doing. I use the AverMedia Live Gamer HD, fantastic card. Allowing me to offload all my streaming and capture needs to a secondary PC.

To be honest, most high end systems today can handle streaming pretty easily, but it's still nice to offload and know you're not taking any performance hits and it gives you better control over your stream in real time. It also makes benchmarking a lot easier obviously, I was even thinking of giving the AverMedia Live Gamer Portable a try for on the go capture needs.

Anyway, all you do is run an HDMI cable from your PC's video card, to the HDMI input on the capture card/device, then HDMI back to your display. As well as audio pass-through if needed. It's not hard to setup at all. There are many tutorials online to assist you.

So I dont need a second pc if i have an external capture card?