New Mouse (Wired/Wireless)

Mateyyy

I'll probably be looking to purchase a new mouse soon, as my Rival 600 is starting to fail, particularly the left click (but also the scroll wheel, and the rubber sides which I had to reglue on myself). This isn't my first time having issues with Steelseries mice, as I've had similar problems with my old original Steelseries Rival as well. Because of this, I probably will be going for something from another brand, rather than Steelseries, as I'm not really into buying a new mouse every year.

Anyway, a mouse that has caught my eye for a while now is Logitech's MX Master, and now particularly the new MX Master 3 that just came out, although it isn't really a gaming mouse, and I do game quite a fair bit. What I like about it is the fact that I can switch between my PC and laptop on the fly and the shape/weight look really good (I've got pretty big hands and I generally prefer heavier mice rather than really light ones, on my Rival 600 I have got all the extra weights on it for a total of 128g and it feels good for me).

How good/bad do you think it would be for gaming, in terms of lag? Would a "gaming" wireless mouse be better, or should I just stick to wired? Also I'm open to some other recommendations.

Thanks.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

There's beginning to become more and more wireless "gaming" mice these days, that i think Latency with some of them isn't as much of a big deal as it used to be. 
If you are looking for heavier gaming mice, I suggest looking at some of the ones that Corsair has to offer. I used to use a Corsair M65 RBG and it was a great mouse with really solid build quality all around. The only reason i ended up switching to something else was because I was looking for something lighter/more flickable (I play at a really low sensitivity)

8 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I'll probably be looking to purchase a new mouse soon, as my Rival 600 is starting to fail, particularly the left click (but also the scroll wheel, and the rubber sides which I had to reglue on myself). This isn't my first time having issues with Steelseries mice, as I've had similar problems with my old original Steelseries Rival as well. Because of this, I probably will be going for something from another brand, rather than Steelseries, as I'm not really into buying a new mouse every year.

Anyway, a mouse that has caught my eye for a while now is Logitech's MX Master, and now particularly the new MX Master 3 that just came out, although it isn't really a gaming mouse, and I do game quite a fair bit. What I like about it is the fact that I can switch between my PC and laptop on the fly and the shape/weight look really good (I've got pretty big hands and I generally prefer heavier mice rather than really light ones, on my Rival 600 I have got all the extra weights on it for a total of 128g and it feels good for me).

How good/bad do you think it would be for gaming, in terms of lag? Would a "gaming" wireless mouse be better, or should I just stick to wired? Also I'm open to some other recommendations.

Thanks.

Well it isn't eSports grade.  Also wireless will give you input lag so you would need to go wired for gaming purposes.  If that doesn't bother you then go for it.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Also wireless will give you input lag so you would need to go wired for gaming purposes

Most used mouse in CS

Capture.PNG.6ab70d4d53617a436e5de56b0c941960.PNG

13 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Honestly it really depends on you. The Lag isn't too bad and you can also just use it as a normal wired mouse

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

Most used mouse in CS

Capture.PNG.6ab70d4d53617a436e5de56b0c941960.PNG

Honestly it really depends on you. The Lag isn't too bad and you can also just use it as a normal wired mouse

What I got is the best mouse ever made to man kind period and its eSports grade and the first wireless to be eSports as there is no lag at all.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Well, I have had both the G502 Proteus Core as well as the current G502 Lightspeed wireless
They're both kinda heavy (I keep all the weights in) and I truly love both of them.

I can't make a difference between wired and wireless. there's really nothing noticeable.

IMG_9012.thumb.jpg.bce4033e24737fe1c644b2b4da14a543.jpg

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Actually got some nice suggestions that I'll definitely be considering out of this, thanks for the replies @givingtnt @Turtle Rig@Himommies@yaop117.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC