Lapel Mics

Jabin
Go to solution Solved by Thanatopsis,

so Lapel mics connected to a mixer would be your best option a good lapel mic will not pickup clothes rustling as long as you pay just some minor attention to where you clip it.  if your stationary you can get a small Sony ECM 44b for 150 a shure mx 150 for about 200 or something similar,  these are pro level mics and they are the entry point for good Lavs. 

now for your motorcycle i would check out boom mics that can slip over your ear.  I have no experience but the entry point for pro/live event mics in this area are Countrymen, Shure with Sennheiser being the Step up from there.

The main reason people have transitioned over to boom mics is that for some people it helps give their voice some added depth or they just needed the most versatile solution they could get. Versatile does not mean best just does lots of things acceptably.

I've been thinking about starting a YouTube channel and mics are always an interesting topic. Shotgun mics seem most common but what if I want to mic two people at once? I'm looking at getting a GoPro MAX and I have a Cannon 5D Mark III. I think a most convenient solution would be getting lapel mics for me and my brother in law during filming. 

What lapel mics do you recommend? How would you record audio if you were Filming from the same devices?  Some of our film will be in a garage/ house. Some will  be on motorcycles/ cars with the GoPro. I'm expecting I'll need a solution for in the house/garage and a solution for on the go. 

Send me your best devices.  Mics of all sorts and best times to use them what devices they go with.  

well i am by far an audio expert, but from what i know, if your both in the same location and there isn't a lot of movement, get a shotgun and a stand to position it properly. with lavs you have problems with ruffaling clothing and sutch along with the breath from your nose potentially blowing on it if it's positioned wrong. again, i am by far an expert but that's what I have picked up from audio engineers i've worked within the past on movie sets.

Don't Judge my spelling I'm dyslexic 

so Lapel mics connected to a mixer would be your best option a good lapel mic will not pickup clothes rustling as long as you pay just some minor attention to where you clip it.  if your stationary you can get a small Sony ECM 44b for 150 a shure mx 150 for about 200 or something similar,  these are pro level mics and they are the entry point for good Lavs. 

now for your motorcycle i would check out boom mics that can slip over your ear.  I have no experience but the entry point for pro/live event mics in this area are Countrymen, Shure with Sennheiser being the Step up from there.

The main reason people have transitioned over to boom mics is that for some people it helps give their voice some added depth or they just needed the most versatile solution they could get. Versatile does not mean best just does lots of things acceptably.