Is win10 so bad for gaming?

ReadyPlayerOne

I'm a pc gamer since dos was the os, i've pretty much played on every MS operating system, nothing is perfect, but whas i found in this months on web make me freeze.

I have an issue, my pc stutter while gaming, i'm not here to talk about it, but are months that i try to figure it out searching on web, writing on forums etc etc and i found a lot of complain about it, i never saw on older windows, i've read from a lot of people who upgraded from win7 to win 10 with the same hw and had problems about stutter, fps and so on.

Let me be clear, i'm not there as "hater" my concern are just genuine, i mean, windows is the os for gaming, no offence for linux and macos, but that's it because of numbers and game availability, MS do even develop a gaming console, so they should have a kind of know how to optimize a system for gaming

In my opinion windows 10 not should just be the best gaming os, but it should also have a kind of "gaming magic button" where people who just care about gaming will push it, and the system will optimize for it, doing just what a lot of guide suggest, but it seems to be the worst gaming os compared to older version, in my experience and also from experience i read on the web

6 minutes ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

but it should also have a kind of "gaming magic button" where people who just care about gaming will push it, and the system will optimize for it, doing just what a lot of guide suggest

They tried doing this, it didnt' really help cause there just isn't a trick to make it faster.

7 minutes ago, ReadyPlayerOne said:

, my pc stutter while gaming,

Probably a issue with the hardware or other hardware or config., most people don't have stuttering issues in games.

15 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

They tried doing this, it didnt' really help cause there just isn't a trick to make it faster.

Probably a issue with the hardware or other hardware or config., most people don't have stuttering issues in games.

Seems win 10 suffer from higher latency and other unoptimized setting for gaming, if you google stutter fix, lag fix, game optimization, and any other kind of problem you will see a lot of people who have problem with win 10 where was perfectly fine on the same hw with win7

High latency issues are usually due to driver issue. The problem is, which driver. There is no way to know.

Usually, the culprit is Graphics card drivers (including the audio chip in it), or the audio drivers or the chipset driver.

Make sure to uninstall the driver, and install the lattest version (or 1 version behind, as the issue might be on the latest version)

I think everyone here has right, i'm digging into the rabbit hole, it's the entire day i'm doing experiments, with 2 pc with both amd and nvidia gpu, and different games, i'm also digging into the web, and that's an entire world where people do have a lot of problems, because of windows, because of drivers, because of hardware and last but not least because of bad games optimization. More i dig in and more the overall experience look like a lottery of software/driver/hardware/game mix.

I never had a modern console like ps or xbox, i don't know if this kind of issue are a things also there or it doesn't (any thought?) i also understand with pc's there are a tons of different hardware/driver that run and just a glitchy one could give odds things while in game, in the last months trying to figure it out about my issue, i really found everything on the web, someone solved with disabling windows telemetry with some privacy program, others changing some bios features or run some kind of command as admin on powershell, someone else downgrading drivers/windows version, changing monitors cable or ssd, even someone had problem with nvme with proper fast speed had some issue when switched from sata ssd, and i could continue with a lot of strange things, i think linus could make a tv series "computer strange things"  ?