Sennheiser HD 598 CS thoughts?

x Princess Leliana x

Have a chance to pick these up for $70-80,

good reviews online but I'd like a bit more anecdotal answers? Planning on using em for both general pc use (gaming, youtube, etc) as well as for my vinyl setup since they have a 6.5mm jack too,

$80 is a steal for HD598.

Fairly natural sound, good detail, weak bass, decent sound stage. Love it for classical.

Just now, Deli said:

$80 is a steal for HD598.

Fairly natural sound, good detail, weak bass, decent sound stage. Love it for classical.

Most of my vinyl is classical, so thatll help, thanks for the reply.

13 hours ago, x Princess Leliana x said:

its these or 590s but i dont know about the 590s honestly, i prefer the design of the 598

From what I heard I prefer the 598 and for that price I agree it's a steal. But honestly about the price it has to be for me to buy it.

22 hours ago, x Princess Leliana x said:

Have a chance to pick these up for $70-80,

good reviews online but I'd like a bit more anecdotal answers? Planning on using em for both general pc use (gaming, youtube, etc) as well as for my vinyl setup since they have a 6.5mm jack too,

Try to find a NAD Viso HP50 for around $100.

I quite like mine for use with my phone, but I honestly personally wouldn't use them as my main listening headphones. (But i do have expensive tastes in audio so..)

But at that price i would nab them. Good deal on a nice set of headphones

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

What about open backed headphones as well guys? Theres a pair of 599s in the same price range as the 598s, but theyre open and id ideally like to use them on the train as well.

2 hours ago, x Princess Leliana x said:

What about open backed headphones as well guys? Theres a pair of 599s in the same price range as the 598s, but theyre open and id ideally like to use them on the train as well.

Oh damn the Cs were closed backs yeah I would buy something else the 598s suck as closed backs and are way better open backs but if youwant to use them on the train I would look elsewhere for a nice closed back that had good isolation. Maybe m40x , dt770 32 ohm , takstar pro 82 ,status audio cb1 , blonB8.