What do you think of this Keyboard?

Kinantay4

So, I want to get a keyboard. And after searching and investigating in Amazon, I decided to go with the K28 backlit mechanical keyboard, link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.ae/dp/B07MGDBKY9/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_71ARDb099Y625

This keyboard has blue switches and good RGB, and the price is so great (almost 20$).

The thing is, I people are only talking its pros, but the only bad thing I found about it is the loud clicking noise, so I decided to come here and ask you guys what do you think of it.

I actually decided to ask you about it because I usually don't trust cheap products, especially when it comes to electronics.

Blue switches will be extremely loud and tinny, and some don't like using clicky switches at all due to the nature of the click.

I've used Outemu and Gateron Blues which are the same click-jacket style Blue switch found inside that keyboard and Blue switches sound unbearably cheap and tinny.

My Blue switches after 2 years also started getting keyswitch chatter which is when keys start to register multiple times. It's not a good look for Blue switches.

Buying that keyboard won't last you very long.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

2 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

If you want low noise get red switches

No I actually love it :), I only mentioned it because that's the only thing that people complained about. So are there any other disadvantages to this keyboard? that's my question.

@sowon As I mentioned in another reply, loud keyboard noises aren't bad to me, I like blue the blue switches because they feel good and you can feel the click even without hearing it.

3 minutes ago, sowon said:

Buying that keyboard won't last you very long.

Are you saying that blue switches don't last that long? or this exact keyboard?

Just now, Kinantay4 said:

@sowon As I mentioned in another reply, loud keyboard noises aren't bad to me, I like blue the blue switches because they feel good and you can feel the click even without hearing it.

Are you saying that blue switches don't last that long? or this exact keyboard?

That's perfectly fine if you like Blue switches, I used to formerly like clicky switches as well until I went to linears.

In my experience, cheap keyboards with Blue switches tend to not last very long. I've purchased keyboards with Blue switches in the past and both were in a near-dead state after both suffered from keyswitch chatter. This could be due to the PCB or switches, or both.

I think for the price, you'll be fine, it's not too much money to let go of for a keyboard of that quality, I'd say.

1 minute ago, sowon said:

both were in a near-dead state after both suffered from keyswitch chatter.

How long did it take them to start dying?

Just now, Kinantay4 said:

How long did it take them to start dying?

11 months for one and 1 year 10 months for the other. Keyboards were Redragon Kumara K552 at $49 and E-Element Z-88 at $39 respectively.

Your mileage may vary if you get the above keyboard though.