KBD Fans

DisfiguredBob
Go to solution Solved by jiyeon,

I have used KBDfans many times to purchase my switches and keyboard parts. They are 100% legit.

They are a Chinese-based keyboard company who sells their items at lower prices to cut down on import and taxes, as far as I'm aware which is why you see good deals on switches.

Wondering if KBD Fans is a legit site. I am seeing some insane deals on cherry switches and am wondering if they are too good to be true

I have used KBDfans many times to purchase my switches and keyboard parts. They are 100% legit.

They are a Chinese-based keyboard company who sells their items at lower prices to cut down on import and taxes, as far as I'm aware which is why you see good deals on switches.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 minute ago, sowon said:

Thanks. I've seen other posts online and they say that they are legit aswell. Just wondering because I went on mechanicalkeyboards.com  and they were like double the price.

Just now, DisfiguredBob said:

Thanks. I've seen other posts online and they say that they are legit aswell. Just wondering because I went on mechanicalkeyboards.com  and they were like double the price.

Cherry switches are overpriced to begin with anyway. You can buy Gaterons on sale for $2 per 10 pack on KBDfans, which I did for Gateron Browns, Reds, and Blues, putting them at $0.20 a switch.

The only Cherry switch worth buying in my opinion is the Cherry Black.

KBDfans does expedited shipping at $15 but also does free shipping on orders over $40, so it's a good place to purchase mechanical keyboard equipment and components provided you're in a country where you won't be susceptible to import and custom taxes/imports.

I live in the United Kingdom and so ordering anythng from the United States from places such as NovelKeys lands me in deep custom charges. KBDfans is China-based and therefor doesn't incur import tax to the United Kingdom.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them the past few months (switches, cases, PCBs) and haven't had any issues. One shipment even only took three days (not even expedited) which is crazy fast from China to U.S.

11 hours ago, sowon said:

The only Cherry switch worth buying in my opinion is the Cherry Black.

Cherry silent reds and blacks as well, people use them to make Mx Zilents. Mx Clears as well, people use them to make ergo clears. 

11 hours ago, DisfiguredBob said:

Wondering if KBD Fans is a legit site. I am seeing some insane deals on cherry switches and am wondering if they are too good to be true

They are legit however, they have been instances where they have sold fake switches, but those were fake Round 11 ZEALPC Zealio and Tealio switches, but that was a while ago and they've moved on. Cherry switches are pretty cheap, most companies won't scam you for cherrys.