Reuniting a Dual Device Hybrid Drive

Hello Everyone,

I have a bit of an issue and I'm having trouble finding a solution. A while ago, i pulled the dual device hybrid drive out of my old HP ENVY 15t-J100 to swap for an SSD (strangely enough, dual device system uses a hybrid HDD and a separate caching SSD. Double hybrid) . I now need to dig through the the HDD portion in search of a lost file (I never made an image of the drive, just did a fresh install of Windows 10) I tried connecting the HDD to my PC using a USB transfer cable but Windows calls the device unreadable. Do I need both parts of the drive to read it? Can I use an mSATA to USB adapter in conjunction with the HDD to USB adapter to read the whole drive? How would I configure that in windows?? The original hardware was given to a family member months ago so I can't simply reinstall the drive components and retrieve the file. Many thanks in advance for help! 

1TB Seagate laptop SSHD 

24GB LITE-ON IT mSATA SSD

I would try reinstalling the drives into your envy like they were originally and seeing if you can boot into them like you used to. From there you can manually search and transfer your files onto a flash drive or something. That seems like the easiest way to me at least.