Rate my setup pls.

Kyatto

Hi, i want to build my first pc around black friday and came up with my first attempt on planning, please tell me what you think about it, also, this build will be mainly for 1080p gaming and will have either an RX 590 or a 1660 Ti.

Prices are in mexican currency wich ratio is 20 MX = 1 USD, also i haven't made up my mind about which case i'll be using but most likely would be a Corsair one.

carrito.jpg

11 minutes ago, Kyatto said:

Hi, i want to build my first pc around black friday and came up with my first attempt on planning, please tell me what you think about it, also, this build will be mainly for 1080p gaming and will have either an RX 590 or a 1660 Ti.

Prices are in mexican currency wich ratio is 20 MX = 1 USD, also i haven't made up my mind about which case i'll be using but most likely would be a Corsair one.

https://mx.pcpartpicker.com/ You can use that site ;) 

What is your total budget ?

14 minutes ago, Kyatto said:

also, this build will be mainly for 1080p gaming and will have either an RX 590 or a 1660 Ti.

if budget allows, get the 1660ti or the upcoming 1660 super

Honestly for 1080p you'd be perfectly well off with the 1660, if you're on a budget.

Pretty solid build, but I'd get a better PSU. Also, you're going to run out of room really quickly on that SSD. Luckily 1TB drives should go on sale.

2 minutes ago, Kyatto said:

Around 650-700 USD

Don't use USD if you're not buying from the US. It's irrelevant.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1. Budget & Location

You may have listed a heap of parts that all add up to your preferred budget but it is easier if you just list the total amount you'd like to spend and the currency as well as if you'd consider going above that budget for more performance. We need the location as well because $US are different to $AUD and $CAD ect.

2. Aim

What is the system going to be used for? Web browsing, 3D work? Different systems need different levels of performance - a computer based for web browsing and office use won't handle heavy graphic design and video editing and a proper video editing system isn't good for gaming. If your aim is for gaming, please list what sort of gaming. In the same way that different usage types need different systems, you'll need a lot more power to run Far Cry 3 or Crysis 2 than you would Minecraft.

3. Monitors

How many monitors do you plan on running? Do you plan on moving to more monitors in the future? What resolution are they at too?

4. Peripherals

Do you also need to purchase peripherals such as keyboards and mice as well as monitors ect. Also please tell us if you'll need an OS such as Windows.

5. Why are you upgrading?

We ask this because you may see upgrading as the only path to solve an issue but things such as driver updates, reconfiguration or cleaning can boost performance without spending a cent.

Please copy and paste the major dot points into your thread as it makes it easier for us to give you better feedback.

23 hours ago, dizmo said:

Honestly for 1080p you'd be perfectly well off with the 1660, if you're on a budget.

Pretty solid build, but I'd get a better PSU. Also, you're going to run out of room really quickly on that SSD. Luckily 1TB drives should go on sale.

Don't use USD if you're not buying from the US. It's irrelevant.

Thanks, i'll keep an eye on larger SSDs ;)

22 hours ago, Nigerian Tech Support said:

1. Budget & Location

15,000 mexican pesos 800~ish USD but keep in mind everything is more expensive in latin american countries so not quite easy to go with Youtube example builds or such :c

2. Aim

1080p gaming on older as well as some newer titles for 2 years approximately

3. Monitors

1 1080p monitor for gaming and potentially a second one for YT or following game guides

4. Peripherals

I just bought an entry level Corsair bundle so no worries there

5. Why are you upgrading?

Wanna play a variety of games in 1080p  60fps at high-max settings for a couple years without having to upgrade again since i'll be spending a lot in college and stuff, right now i'm using a 3rd gen i5, 8Gb of RAM and a SFF 1050ti which is perfect and even overkill for almost everything i currently play but a couple games run below 60 fps even in medium settings, mostly poorly optimized games such as Rock of ages 2, Just Cause 3, Hitman or Empyrion Galactic survival which is pretty much the only game i can't enjoy atm because of my low end PC, other games that seem to need more PC to run are my heavily modded Skyrim and Cities: Skylines seems to need a stronger CPU to run properly when cities get big enough.

There are other games i haven't even been able to purchase since i know they won't run properly at decent settings, some of which are:

-Nier: Automata

-Shadow of the Tomb raider

-Planet Coaster

-Universe Sandbox

-Mirror's edge Catalyst

I'm not much of a AAA pre-purchase gamer since i've played a lot of LoL, Rocket League and stuff mostly, but when a new huge open world gem like Skyrim, Far Cry 3 or GTA V comes out i'll surely need a bit more muscle to properly run it.

So in Mexican pesos :

Really expensive for what you get.

And something better in USD :

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

So in Mexican pesos :

Really expensive for what you get.

And something better in USD :

Yup, pricing here is shite, hope taxes and shipping won't increase the price that much if i buy from Canada or the US, thnx a lot.

With regard to the storage device, the BarraCuda was made to work on machines that work mainly 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. If you need more than that, you should go better with the Pro version.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming