Speaker Wiring help

Jas99

Hello, 

Just moved into an new house and the house has two speakers built into the roof. The speakers each have a hdmi cable and a yellow and white wire at the other end. Then there are 3 sets of red and black wires. 2 sets are probably for the ceiling speakers but what about the last set?? What is the hdmi cable for?? What are the yellow and white cables for??? 

Thanks!! 

15716157814092987985118428981817.jpg

1571615799437644817749169056928.jpg

1571616002570742664014179779001.jpg

The yellow and white cables seem to be regular ethernet cable.

If I were to guess, I would think the idea is to have ethernet and HDMI in case you want to install there an audio/video receiver / dvr / set top box /  something. The ethernet would be used to download online content onto the set top box or whatever, or to stream content to devices, the HDMI could be connected directly to a TV and you'd use the remote control of the TV to control the set top box / receiver / whatever. 

The second ethernet cable could be for something else, I don't know... maybe voice over IP, in case your internet company also gives you phone lines and you want to have phones around the house connected using network cable to the main phone box.

The red and black wire pairs are just dumb passive wires, going to the actual speakers... you would need an audio amplifier to amplify the output of something and push the sound through those speaker wires to the speakers.

The audio amplifier is often built inside AV receivers and various such things.

Random example of AV receiver (look at the pictures) : https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-S540BT-Bluetooth-Compatible-Streaming/dp/B07C49F2LD/