Upgrading From Kit Lenses Looking For Help

Hello everyone. I purchased a Sony a6000 with 2 kits lenses about 9 months ago. I have done a lot of shooting to figure out what sort of prime focal lengths I use and what would be best for me. I have narrowed down my options to the following and am hoping to get some advise from you all. 

I am going to be purchasing 3 different lenses and have narrowed it down to 2 different sets. I have adjusted the focal length to match what my camera will be spitting out due to its 1.5x crop factor. They are as follows.

This first set of lenses are my "cheaper" options. They are all from different brands but fall nicely into the focal lengths I am wanting along with being much faster then my kit lenses.

Sony 30mm 2.8-350$
Sigma 45mm 1.4-290$
Rokinon 127mm 1.8-300$

$940 Total

This second set is kind of an all in one package. They are all from Sigma, all WAY faster then my current lenses but because of these facts are more expensive if only by about $200.

Sigma 24mm 1.4-Bundle
Sigma 45mm 1.4-Bundle
Sigma 84mm 1.4-Bundlle

$1120 Total

I have never used anything other then my sony kits lenses which are below. 

Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6
Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3

Now onto the type of photography I have fallen in love with to help maybe point you all in the right direction. Primarily I am a landscape/nature photographer which is why I am looking for at least one longer reaching prime lens hence the reason for the 127mm and the 84mm. The second most common type of photography is portrait. The third and something I am only now deciding to get into is Boudoir photography, I haven't decided if I like it yet thou as I have only been practicing on my wife while I wait to get better glass and improve my overall skills.   

19 minutes ago, monster0429 said:

Hello everyone. I purchased a Sony a6000 with 2 kits lenses about 9 months ago. I have done a lot of shooting to figure out what sort of prime focal lengths I use and what would be best for me. I have narrowed down my options to the following and am hoping to get some advise from you all. 

I am going to be purchasing 3 different lenses and have narrowed it down to 2 different sets. I have adjusted the focal length to match what my camera will be spitting out due to its 1.5x crop factor. They are as follows.

This first set of lenses are my "cheaper" options. They are all from different brands but fall nicely into the focal lengths I am wanting along with being much faster then my kit lenses.

Sony 30mm 2.8-350$
Sigma 45mm 1.4-290$
Rokinon 127mm 1.8-300$

$940 Total

This second set is kind of an all in one package. They are all from Sigma, all WAY faster then my current lenses but because of these facts are more expensive if only by about $200.

Sigma 24mm 1.4-Bundle
Sigma 45mm 1.4-Bundle
Sigma 84mm 1.4-Bundlle

$1120 Total

I have never used anything other then my sony kits lenses which are below. 

Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6
Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3

Now onto the type of photography I have fallen in love with to help maybe point you all in the right direction. Primarily I am a landscape/nature photographer which is why I am looking for at least one longer reaching prime lens hence the reason for the 127mm and the 84mm. The second most common type of photography is portrait. The third and something I am only now deciding to get into is Boudoir photography, I haven't decided if I like it yet thou as I have only been practicing on my wife while I wait to get better glass and improve my overall skills.   

This is absolutely personal preference, but I would recommend a larger step up if you're going with primes. Keep your kit lenses and get something like the Sigma 40mm 1.4 ART. If a large quality difference is what you're looking for, I don't know that the Contemporary lenses are going to be enough.

2 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

This is absolutely personal preference, but I would recommend a larger step up if you're going with primes. Keep your kit lenses and get something like the Sigma 40mm 1.4 ART. If a large quality difference is what you're looking for, I don't know that the Contemporary lenses are going to be enough.

I understand that obviously going with a $1500 dollar lens is going to be my best option. However I do this as more of a hobby and cant really justify spending more on a single lens then I spent on my camera, kits lenses, memory cards, bag, and tripod. Just way outside what I am wanting/able to pay right now. Thank you for the suggestion thou. edit: This is also an EF mount meaning it is meant for the their full frame cameras so not only would I be paying a bunch for a lens I would be paying that amount and losing a lot more then a 1.5 crop. 

Edited by monster0429
adding information

From personal experience I have had much better luck with my sigma / tamron lenses rather than Sony. The lower end sony lenses tend to be very “soft” in the corners. You might consider waiting till tamron annouces their prime lenses later this month as I have been extremely happy with the 17-28 f2.8 and 28-75 f2.8 they released. In some cases these lenses have out performed the Sony version of these lenses as I have shot with both. As far as rokinon lenses, maybe it’s just my bad luck but I have had to return them a few times because I could never get razor sharp focus on them. I’ve seen a few people had the same issue and they say their quality control is lacking.

1 minute ago, Zchucky said:

From personal experience I have had much better luck with my sigma / tamron lenses rather than Sony. The lower end sony lenses tend to be very “soft” in the corners. You might consider waiting till tamron annouces their prime lenses later this month as I have been extremely happy with the 17-28 f2.8 and 28-75 f2.8 they released. In some cases these lenses have out performed the Sony version of these lenses as I have shot with both. As far as rokinon lenses, maybe it’s just my bad luck but I have had to return them a few times because I could never get razor sharp focus on them. I’ve seen a few people had the same issue and they say their quality control is lacking.

This is what I was looking for. I have read some reviews stating what you have but there always seem to be more reviews saying they are great. Either cause its just bad QC or the reviewers don' really know what they are looking at. And I will definitely keep my eyes out for the Tamron lenses. Thanks