GPU related FPS drops ingame

WisePinguin

So I've been having problems with all manner of games just sort of freezing/dropping to low fps during games. Doesn't seem to matter if its a heavy game or not. Today I found out with using MSI AFTERBURNER that my GPU usage seems to just do a nosedive everytime I get a FPS drop/freeze in game. I've tried going back to older drivers. Since I read something like that on the Geforce forums but It didn't help. I have several more issues with my rather new pc but this one just takes the cake. specs in attached

DESKTOP-T42EIEH.txt

its really hard to tell you anything without your full spec list, please provide that

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

First we need PC config including full RAM spec.

Freezes/stutters with drops in GPU usage suggest that its not a GPU related issue. It could be issues with CPU/RAM usage, overheating etc.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

is it perhaps possible to get into a discord call with someone and screen share cuz I am having a lot of trouble finding the relevant information sorry. :(

By any chance do you have iCue running? (Corsair RGB software) or any other tank of a backround app?, if usage is dropping that could suggest somewhere CPU is being pings briefly but pretty hard, at random, and can't provide frame draw consistently.  Some backround processes, even if seeming lightweight and innocent can cause some serious hitching

If nothing else check for this if you are willing, maybe setup MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner to record CPU and GPU usage if you cant identify anything when idle and looking at task manager.