New built PC has no display when playing games

I recently built a gaming PC for a friend, and I'm having this problem where if I run a game, after 5 mins or sometimes immediately, the monitor stops getting the signal from the PC.

I've tried uninstalling the graphics drivers with ddu and reinstalling them several times. I also tried previous versions of the drivers, but the problem didn't go away.

I ended up activating V sync for the games I play, and that has removed the problem to some extent, but I don't think that this is a permanent fix.

Is there another thing I should try? Should I send back the graphics card for warranty?

Build specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Graphics Card: XFX Radeon RX 580

Motherboard: Gigabyte b450m ds3h

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 1 x 8GB DDR4 3000MHz

PSU: EVGA 600 BR

SSD: Kingston A400 SSD - 240GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD

I don't overclock

The first thing that came to mind when you mentioned vsync reduces the problem is overheating. Its possible that having the framerate capped, is reducing GPU load and preventing the Graphics card from turning itself off?

Monitor your temps. If the temps are fine, its possible the VRMs are bad! But start with monitoring temps with vsync off and report back to us!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

You can also check the PSU, a software that can help you monitor voltages and temperatures is SpeedFan:

SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

I checked the temperature of the GPU when I played games, and turns out that it was getting high.

I downloaded MSI afterburner so I could monitor the temps while playing, but afterburner started to take control of the graphics card's fans, and that eliminated the problem entirely! Now I can play every game without Vsync. Maybe the fans weren't moving at all and that's what caused the graphics card to shut down.

Thank you very much for all your help!

2 minutes ago, leomtzcam said:

I checked the temperature of the GPU when I played games, and turns out that it was getting high.

I downloaded MSI afterburner so I could monitor the temps while playing, but afterburner started to take control of the graphics card's fans, and that eliminated the problem entirely! Now I can play every game without Vsync. Maybe the fans weren't moving at all and that's what caused the graphics card to shut down.

Thank you very much for all your help!

Glad to hear that! Cheers!

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming