URGENT HELP PLEASE!!

Hi Guys,

I need help as i am trying to fix this for 3 days now. i bought a RX 580 nitro + 8gb, and its giving me crashes when i start two minute of kombuster or crashes a game. by crash i means black screen and then the audio goes off and the power is still on. i will have to restart in order to get it working again. but after the first crash i am able to run kombuster for 1 hour 40 minute with no issues at all, i started gaming on apex for a while and no issue for the entire duration. 

I have DDU Nvidea driver and AMD and use auto detect from AMD to install the new driver "Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2 Recommended (WHQL)". 

When i do run the graphic card in kombuster temp never exceed 74, i am also able to run 980 ti without a problem (tested a friends graphic card for 2 hours).

i have:

CPU: i5 2400 

Graphic card: RX 580 Nitro

Ram: 16GB

Psu: 600W EVGA

Motherboard: ASUS® P8H61-M LE/USB3

Monitor: Acer 24 inch (using HDMI)

The card is not faulty as i have tested it on another machine which works fine. so why do i keep getting black screen randomly?

i would really appreciate someone helping me here.

p.s i use to have a 660 ti and it never gave me issue when running anything this is the first time i use AMD product.

Below is the setting or info in regards to my card

image.png.cc0ead6aa880bc6aa04b55d2b5ceb27d.png

17 minutes ago, Stevenkun said:

Below is the setting or info in regards to my card

Is anything on your system overclocked?

Have you checked the event viewer in Windows, to see if any error is given?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Hi, 

I have Event log i think the red ones appear 3 times in total called ESENT ID:455.

my card is factory overclocked and i have not touch any overclocking application, not even on Wattman. i left all settings default.

image.thumb.png.9b3e703c1029ec6294ec5e2f62930b69.png

may be worth while ddu from safe mode and then manually install drivers i dont like the auto detect stuff.

28 minutes ago, Stevenkun said:

ASUS® P8H61-M LE/USB3

this board is 8 years old. have you updated the bios on it becuase it's had several if not most ALL the updates are related to system stability

Hi,

Can you please tell me what stability issues has it patched? and do you think it will resolve the issue and if so why does it not occur with Nvidea cards?

3 minutes ago, Stevenkun said:

Hi,

Can you please tell me what stability issues has it patched? and do you think it will resolve the issue and if so why does it not occur with Nvidea cards?

i think that is irrelevant i would just update the bios and test it out see if it made a difference in stability

Hi,

Do i just download the latest one and update the bios or do i need all the previous ones as well? sorry i dont mean to offend anyone i am just clueless and trying to understand whats happening to my pc.

6 minutes ago, bronsonj said:

i think that is irrelevant i would just update the bios and test it out see if it made a difference in stability

Hi,

Do i just download the latest one and update the bios or do i need all the previous ones as well? sorry i dont mean to offend anyone i am just clueless and trying to understand whats happening to my pc.

5 minutes ago, Stevenkun said:

Do i just download the latest one and update the bios or do i need all the previous ones as well?

just the latest one and follow the instruction on the site for how to install it.

theres a chance it wont fix the problem but with such an old board its worth a shot at least

33 minutes ago, emosun said:

just the latest one and follow the instruction on the site for how to install it.

theres a chance it wont fix the problem but with such an old board its worth a shot at least

I have updated the bios to the latest one and ddu uninstall and reinstall the latest driver. The kombuster seem to went past the two minute frozen mark. But I don't know if it will stay stable. What else would I need to do if this fails?

1 hour ago, Stevenkun said:

I have updated the bios to the latest one and ddu uninstall and reinstall the latest driver. The kombuster seem to went past the two minute frozen mark. But I don't know if it will stay stable. What else would I need to do if this fails?

nothing , just wait and keep testing and if its more stable then problem solved. come back if the issues persist

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

nothing , just wait and keep testing and if its more stable then problem solved. come back if the issues persist

Thank you for kindness and willingness to help. not sure if this works 100% but at least its worth a try until the next few days.

again thank everyone who helped!!! amazing community