Weird laggy/flickering cursor in game menus.

Savage Pvpman X D

Hey all,

Recently, in the past few months, since building my pc, I've been experiencing weird lag/stuttering in game menus, and I have no idea what's causing it.

It's not my PC either, since it's more than capable on running the games, let alone just the menus. 

Like I said earlier, it seems to be just menus that are affected (and only in fullscreen/windowed borderless), I experience no lag or issues of the kind when actually in the game itself. At first, it was only certain games (Minecraft for example, so I assumed it was just poorly optimized, since I use an older version of the game, but now a lot of things are being effected). Not everything is affected though, I can play games like Overwatch for instance without any issues. 

It's hard to explain with words, but the screen also seems to flicker when I move my cursor (which feels like it's at 5fps) when this happens. My CPU/Graphics/Memory are all functioning normally (as far as I am aware) and my drivers all seem up to date, so I have no idea on the causes/any fixes. Previously, there was a temporary fix, where if i turned off G-Sync and turned it back on again in NVIDIA control panel it'd fix it, but it's been some time (drivers updated), and that no longer works.

So, as a last resort, I'd thought I'd ask here, it's not a major issue, but if anyone could help me with it I'd greatly appreciate it.

- Thanks

Specs/useful info (please ask for more if you need):

CPU: i7 8700k (Not OC'd)

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 (G1- Gaming) (Not OC'd)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz

Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4

Primary Monitor: Dell S2417DG (G-Sync, 1440p, 165Hz, 1ms)

Secondary Monitor: Dell P2417H (1080p, 60Hz)

Mouse: Razer Taipan (2013) along with Razer Synapse/Surround software.

P.S. I've tried doing things like disabling G-Sync via NVIDIA control panel, but nothing seems to change.

Just now, Palden said:

Just out of morbid curiosity, what are you running for storage?

1TB SSD, 500MB SSD (where OS is located) & 2TB HDD

The menus that this happens in, are they fullscreen menus, or ones like minecraft where they're in windows?

2 minutes ago, Palden said:

The menus that this happens in, are they fullscreen menus, or ones like minecraft where they're in windows?

Only fullscreen/windowed borderless, should probably add that to my original post

Windows is sometimes veeeeery weird about doing display handoffs, and sometimes leftover driver files try initializing during dusplay handoffs. Have you tried using DDU to uninstall your drivers then re-install them?

10 minutes ago, Palden said:

Windows is sometimes veeeeery weird about doing display handoffs, and sometimes leftover driver files try initializing during dusplay handoffs. Have you tried using DDU to uninstall your drivers then re-install them?

Haven't used DDU, but this I've had this issue since getting completely new PC anyway, so I'm pretty sure it's not that, will check into it though, thanks for advice!