All steam games crash when Starting

Jun Ishiwata

So this morning i woke up and saw that my computer restarted on its own... When i started steam it didn't open so i had to re-install steam (that didn't work) , First uninstalled drivers with DDU then re-installed GPU drivers  (didn't work), Checking for viruses and malware (nothing found, restarting my computer over and over. Eventually steam starts.. i locate my game folder and start Assetto corsa ( get crash when starting a race), Start Project Cars2 ( crashes when opening ) , insurgency: sandstorm ( Crashes when making a game). Everything seems to crash... and i don't know why.

GPU:EVGA 1080ti FTW3

Processor: i9 9900k

RAM: 32 GIG - Corsair Vengeance Led 3200Mhz
MB: Asus maximus z390 XI CODE

Do you have anything overclocked?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

12 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Do you have anything overclocked?

Nope nothing... i'm just running it on normal. Maybe set my bios to factory settings again to be sure ?

2 minutes ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

Nope nothing... i'm just running it on normal. Maybe set my bios to factory settings again to be sure ?

Yeah try that, might want to see if there are any other updates for bios and windows and such. Should also run Memtest just to be sure the Ram isn't the issue.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Yeah try that, might want to see if there are any other updates for bios and windows and such. Should also run Memtest just to be sure the Ram isn't the issue.

Ok so ... i found something weird really. It seems like the problem is my T300 Thrustmaster racing wheel. Whenever i unplug it and restart, open steam and run a game it runs fine. Then i insert the T300 USB cable and the game crashes.

15 minutes ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

Ok so ... i found something weird really. It seems like the problem is my T300 Thrustmaster racing wheel. Whenever i unplug it and restart, open steam and run a game it runs fine. Then i insert the T300 USB cable and the game crashes.

Does it have drivers? If so is compatible with Windows 10?

It's possible it just needs to be reinstalled or the drivers need to be updated. I've seen USB devices with corrupt drivers cause these types of issues.

12 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Does it have drivers? If so is compatible with Windows 10?

It's possible it just needs to be reinstalled or the drivers need to be updated. I've seen USB devices with corrupt drivers cause these types of issues.

Yes i re-installed the drivers but i got  Shell Common DLL errors after that. 

i did this :
cmd code : regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

powershell code: Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser

And it seemed to work... 

3 minutes ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

Yes i re-installed the drivers but i got  Shell Common DLL errors after that. 

i did this :
cmd code : regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

powershell code: Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser

And it seemed to work... 

Yeah keep an eye on it. Could just be a driver incompatibility with your windows install.