Dell Precision M4800 BIOS reset / password removal

I have a Dell Precision M4800 that we used for a project several years ago and typically noone documented the bios password which was set.

I've tried removing the CMOS battery and discharging all power but that doesnt seem to do the trick.

I've also tried a couple of sites which claim to offer dell master passwords but neither seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations on how I can reset the BIOS on Dell Precision M4800 laptops?

I don't really want to have to call Dell Support because well, its a painful experience, and the laptop was supplied by a partner from the project so we wont have it on our Dell account so getting them to support it will be difficult.

#sigh

Any advice gratefully received!

That is strange, just to cover all bases, how did you discarge the Cmos? I have had it before where I need to remove the battery, unplug, hit power, plug in, repeat unplug, and then hold power for like 30 seconds. 

11 minutes ago, Necrovarius said:

That is strange, just to cover all bases, how did you discarge the Cmos? I have had it before where I need to remove the battery, unplug, hit power, plug in, repeat unplug, and then hold power for like 30 seconds. 

Yeah I've removed the CMOS battery, removed the laptop batter, removed the power, held the power button for 30 seconds, done it several times to be sure.

1 hour ago, Seb_ said:

Yeah I've removed the CMOS battery, removed the laptop batter, removed the power, held the power button for 30 seconds, done it several times to be sure.

I remember in MCT someone had to try to "Short" a Cmos, but cant remember if they were in the same situation as you.

I solved my issue following this youtube video: 

It seemed that the master password sites were generating the correct password but I was using the wrong control key when submitting the password (RCtrl+Enter).

2 hours ago, Seb_ said:

I solved my issue following this youtube video: 

It seemed that the master password sites were generating the correct password but I was using the wrong control key when submitting the password (RCtrl+Enter).

Thanks for the follow up, please mark as solved. (Or is that a different forum?)

• 1 year later...

It worked after I tried it for a 1000 days kudos, only that it requires ctr enter

• 2 years later...

Alguien pudo solucionar el problema dell precision m4800

On 12/7/2021 at 11:35, nyambane said:

Funcionó después de que lo probé durante 1000 días, felicitaciones, solo que requiere ctr enter.

Como pudiste hacerlo tengo el mismo problema