Upgrade or like UPGRADE!?

Rasmuff
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
8 hours ago, Rasmuff said:

Why yes it would be! Haha whoops. Forgot that wasn't in original portion of my build. 

I feel pretty good about the 2080 super, aswell.

BUT, I just didn't know if there was any reason to upgrade other parts of my PC. Being it that I'm allowing myself to spend some money on my PC I wasn't sure if there as a logical explanation for more.  

Assuming your CPU is overclocked, and it can probably be overclocked real good with your setup, it'll still be keeping up with that 2080s in most titles.

Hey folks!

Looking for some advice on an upgrade I'm planning to do on my main rig here in the next couple months.

So here it where were sitting right now:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor   
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  

GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning
Memory: G.Skill Trident X 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR3-2400 Memory 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive   
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply: Corsair RM 1000 1000W Power Supply 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan 
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan 
Case Fan: Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-140 66 CFM 140 mm Fan 

I mostly do two things with this PC. I run AutoCAD for work/School and I game.

The gaming side is where I see the most struggle. I only play at 60fps 1080p and it limps at best. I really would like to move up to 144hz+ @ 1440p 

Right now my current thinking is to buy a 2080 super and a new monitor some time around black friday/ cyber monday.

Would this be a smart decision or should I go about this another route? OR is my rig just getting so old that I more worth it to just to a bigger revamp of the existing parts. 

CPU, Mobo, RAM, GPU, Monitor?.... Not sure personally

I'd love some thoughts on this because I am going back and fourth on what I should do. I don't want to blow the bank but I don't mind putting good money into good parts if it would get me a good lifespan for my rig.

Let me know! Thanks

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

6 minutes ago, Rasmuff said:

I mostly do two things with this PC. I run AutoCAD for work/School and I game.

The gaming side is where I see the most struggle. I only play at 60fps 1080p and it limps at best. I really would like to move up to 144hz+ @ 1440p 

Assuming the 780 Lightning in your sig is the GPU in question to be replaced, the 2080 super is a good choice. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Assuming the 780 Lightning in your sig is the GPU in question to be replaced, the 2080 super is a good choice. 

Why yes it would be! Haha whoops. Forgot that wasn't in original portion of my build. 

BUT, I just didn't know if there was any reason to upgrade other parts of my PC. Being it that I'm allowing myself to spend some money on my PC I wasn't sure if there as a logical explanation for more.  

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

8 hours ago, Rasmuff said:

Assuming your CPU is overclocked, and it can probably be overclocked real good with your setup, it'll still be keeping up with that 2080s in most titles.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Awesome. That's nice to hear. Thanks for your input!