What Should I Upgrade?

Hey LTT Community,

I am wanting to upgrade my PC soon with the $300 I have been given. The only problem is, I don’t know what parts are best for me to upgrade. I am primarily using my computer for gaming and streaming at the time. I am streaming Fortnite with 144 FPS on a 1600x900 resolution and 60 FPS. I have a 60hz Dell monitor with 1ms response time. I am pretty satisfied with my peripherals overall though. The main parts I want to look into upgrading my computer parts. The entire list is below:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

AMD Wraith Cooler

ASRock B350M PRO4 MATX

G.Skill FlareX 16GB 2400MHZ

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

ADATA SU800 128GB SSD

EVGA SC 1060 3GB

SeaSonic M12II 620W

Thermaltake V21 MATX Case (kinda scratched and ok condition)

If there is any part or peripheral any of you from the community could think of that I could possibly upgrade, the advice is very much appreciated. Thanks!

streaming 144fps with 60Fps? wtf does that even mean.

580 8GB btw.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Yes! 1660 is a good way to go, however, Is it worth having a computer that allows you to have or generate a good amount of FPS if the monitor you have does not allow you to see what your machine is generating? Get a 120Hz or 144Hz monitor first and then make other improvements like the GPU.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

I'm thinking of a gpu upgrade. To be honest you could get an rx 5700 for like 330$, so if you sell your old gpu you'll 100% be able to get the rx 5700 which offers similar performance of the RTX 2060 Super. Ideally after this you could consider changing the 2400mhz ram for a 3000mhz set and perhaps an upgrade to a better ryzen cpu. But at the moment I believe the best upgrade would be the gpu as that's what's probably holding your performance back.

On 10/7/2019 at 3:14 PM, Twitch.FryhdRice said:

144 fps is how many frames I PLAY Fortnite. 60 fps is how many frames I STREAM fortnite

Oh now I see! At first I did not understand, the 1660 GPU is a good one and you won't break the bank getting one of those. The 20' series, meh! I can skip it and stay with a 1070 or 1080 if it was tha case, you personal budget says it all!

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming