Okcej

Hi!

This is my system:

Ryzen 3 1300X

MSI A320M

Hyper X Fury 2x8 GB 2600

Inno3D GTX1050ti

Corsair VS450

I bought it from a friend and now the GPU is not working anymore. I recently installed RX 580 4 GB (was advised) and the usable RAM only shows 7.95 GB. I’ve just noticed it today (after a week) because my screen refreshes after a few seconds and some windows were being closed (it’s like the PC restarts). 

I don’t know what to do since I don’t have that much knowledge about gaming systems. I was advised to get a new PSU but I want to make sure that I’m getting the right one (budget wise). 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Also, if you could recommend me to replace the other parts, please let me know.

1 minute ago, Okcej said:

I was advised to get a new PSU but I want to make sure that I’m getting the right one (budget wise)

the cheapest good PSU I can recommend is the Corsair CX450, assuming you're buying in the united states.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

the cheapest good PSU I can recommend is the Corsair CX450, assuming you're buying in the united states.

I’ll check if the CX series is available here in my location. I’m from the Philippines. 

5 minutes ago, Okcej said:

I bought it from a friend and now the GPU is not working anymore. I recently installed RX 580 4 GB (was advised) and the usable RAM only shows 7.95 GB. I’ve just noticed it today (after a week) because my screen refreshes after a few seconds and some windows were being closed (it’s like the PC restarts). 

I don’t know what to do since I don’t have that much knowledge about gaming systems. I was advised to get a new PSU but I want to make sure that I’m getting the right one (budget wise). 

Your RAM issue has nothing to do with your power supply.
Just keep the VS450. It's not great, but it'll do for your system. Changing it won't fix the RAM issue.

As for the RAM issue, check in BIOS and see if it detects both sticks of 8GB memory or if it only detects one stick.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Your RAM issue has nothing to do with your power supply.
Just keep the VS450. It's not great, but it'll do for your system. Changing it won't fix the RAM issue.

As for the RAM issue, check in BIOS and see if it detects both sticks of 8GB memory or if it only detects one stick.

Yes, it’s being detected in BIOS as well as in System Properties.

D56FC0F7-319E-43EA-BB98-87F46BA3CDB8.jpeg

RAM issue is now fixed. I don’t know what happened but after I restart, I got a message that CMOS was reset or something like that and it now shows 16 GB.

However, my still refreshes after a few seconds. Monitor will turn off and on again after a sec and the windows that are opened were being closed. 

If I run a game, it’s not closing but I’m losing the mouse and the keyboard. 

6 minutes ago, Spinbot said:

Is the PSU label coloured orange or black?

It’s orange.

DF03D6B6-AB79-4232-836B-F454D82A38E3.jpeg

Edited by Okcej

Makes no difference whether it is orange or gray. 1050ti Systems draw ~180 watts with cpu&mobo&drives&case fans. Any psu should handle it just fine. Just keep the psu. 

And I would advise to tweak the CPU.. 1.44 volt vcore is "little " too high (I'm running my ryzen 2600 with 4ghz fixed clocks on 1.18 volts.. I think you should aim for 1.25-1.3 volts on vcore 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Corsair VS orange is actually in tier DO NOT BUY so I would highly recommend changing regardless if your system works or not.

Recently the same model (just 550) fried my mobo with i7-4790k so it's definitely worth extra mile with replacing it with something decent.

I bought System Power 9 as a replacement.

On 10/8/2019 at 1:19 AM, Vejnemojnen said:

Makes no difference whether it is orange or gray. 1050ti Systems draw ~180 watts with cpu&mobo&drives&case fans. Any psu should handle it just fine. Just keep the psu. 

And I would advise to tweak the CPU.. 1.44 volt vcore is "little " too high (I'm running my ryzen 2600 with 4ghz fixed clocks on 1.18 volts.. I think you should aim for 1.25-1.3 volts on vcore 

My 1050ti is not working anymore and I’ve replaced it with RX 580. I then learned that the recommended PSU is 500W.

I’ll tweak the CPU as you advised. Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Okcej said:

My 1050ti is not working anymore and I’ve replaced it with RX 580. I then learned that the recommended PSU is 500W.

I’ll tweak the CPU as you advised. Thank you. 

Your system won't use above 300W most likely. Though yeah, head space is good.

Above someone has concluded it willl most likely take less than 200W and that might be true too.

I edit my posts more often than not

On 10/8/2019 at 1:38 AM, diow said:

Corsair VS orange is actually in tier DO NOT BUY so I would highly recommend changing regardless if your system works or not.

Recently the same model (just 550) fried my mobo with i7-4790k so it's definitely worth extra mile with replacing it with something decent.

I bought System Power 9 as a replacement.

I’ve read it too and I’ve decided to get a new PSU. I hope System Power 9 is available here in my country. Thanks ??