Full tower upgrate

Hello guys!!

I need your wisdom on towers here. I want to upgrade from a midi tower to a full tower and I was thinking, is it worth it? And if yes what are you suggesting?

Thanks!!!

Hello guys!!

I need your wisdom on towers here. I want to upgrade from a midi tower to a full tower and I was thinking, is it worth it? And if yes what are you suggesting?

Thanks!!!

I would say it is only worthwhile if you are watercooling, have a lot of hard drives, or your current build feels very crammed into your case and you want more space.

Hello guys!!

Thanks!!!

It can be worthwhile if you have an E-ATX or XL-ATX motherboard and plan on watercooling and have a lot of hard drives. 

Why would you get a new case?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Well thinks are too tight in there. There is no room for anything.  And I thought if it improves airflow as well why not.

Thanks for the previous replies !!

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Well thinks are too tight in there. There is no room for anything. And I thought if it improves airflow as well why not.

Thanks for the previous replies !!

A larger case does not help airflow if you are using the same number of fans with a decently ventilated case already. It would actually be worse because you would likely have more distance between the fan and the part you are trying to get air to.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hello guys!!

Thanks!!!

I will honestly say, get what you want. No matter what, you will always have people saying yes and no. If you need the room, sure, go for it. If not, then stay with what you have. If you want a new case simply because you saw another that looks nice, go for it, but you also want to make sure it is good, moves a lot of air, has space for what you need, and make sure it is not something you are paying more than you should. I really want an Air 540, but the HDD options are very limiting. I also want something like an H440, but not meant for water cooling. Can't find anything like it. So instead I'll be going for a Thermaltake Core V71 next month. It'll be good for air cooling, and good for water cooling if I ever decide to go that route, and I can remove the optical drive bay since I do not use an optical drive. It has features that I like a lot, so I'll check it out for sure. It's a nice looking case, but mainly it's about the features. So that's my answer I guess. Look for a case with features that will work for you, ask the forum to see if there are any owners of a certain case you are interested in. If you want a case for looks, then by all means go for it, don't let anyone stop you (Corsair 760T), but also try to get the best bang for your buck. For now, check out some nice Mid Towers, and if they are what you want, then move up to full towers and see what you can find. I'll also say, just don't look into ultra towers unless you plan to water cool. A 900D for air cooling can be done, but it is way too much money just for air cooling.

Hello guys!!

Thanks!!!

welcome to LinusTechTips forums and the PSU/case section!

would kinda like to know what you have currently as to your build. then some

suggestions could come out better. not knowing what ya got and reccomending

something totally useless is counter-productive.

• 3 months later...

Hi and sorry for the delay in the response. My rig includes an ASUS p7p55d with an Intel core i5 750 @ 3 GHz using a noctua NH-U9B, an ASUS gtx 760, a corsair HX 650W psu , 2 3.5 inch HDDs and a dvd drive . Thanks for the replies!

Get whatever you feel is best, me personally i like full towers

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65