BSOD Has Me Beat

Tbrown0824

I have read how to post for this problem but I have already hit most of that in the other forum I am in.

I don't think it's against the rules but I am posting the forum for reference. In that is everything that I have done, pictures, and dump files for the problems. 

I am just trying to reach-out everywhere because I am still at a complete loss. The guys/gals over there are really trying to help me out but I wanted to bury deeper for a possible solution. 

Please, if anyone has any suggestions I would LOVE the assist! If I need to add in all the information I will! Just figured it would be easier to reference what has already been done! 

Thank you so much!! 

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/need-bsod-help-please.3531043/?view=date

* Original message which is in original support forum *

Hello everyone. I am new to PC building/Gaming and I am having a pretty rough time right now. I built this PC about a month ago and didn't have that many issues. I went on a work trip for about three weeks and not it is pretty unusable. Not sure what happened but I can't go about 5 minutes without getting a BSOD. I did take it to a PC shop ( I know... don't judge me) and they said a clean install of windows would fix it. Brought it home, clean install, and of not. After my clean install I am still getting BSODs.

They range from:
- IRQL
- Kernel Auto Boost

- Memory Management 

- Page Setup 

Before I took it into the shop I literally got eight (8) different BSODs ( I can list them if needed)

As I said I am fairly new to all of this so trying to wrap my head around it is driving me crazy. I have read a lot of posts and watched a lot of videos and nothing helped so far. Things I have done:

• Ram test through windows (No errors)
  • Ram test using memtest86 (No errors)
  • Downloaded drive booster and attempted to work on drivers ( When I did this computer wouldn't boot at all)
  • Disk check ( no errors)

I am currently trying Safe Mode right now to see if I get another BSOD.

I keep reading it is probably driver error but I have ran out of ideas.

I attempt to download drivers from my motherboards website but every time I do I get a BSOD.

System Config:

• Corsair CX550M 550 Watts power supply
  • Samsung 970 EVO NVME M.2 (500gb)
  • MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
  • MSI GamingX GEFORCE 1660 Ti graphics card
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Corsair Vengeance Ram 3.2 GHZ (2X8)

Below I have also tried to attach the minidump files I read would be needed.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14vcPBLRgDHDa3KDc2HjI2O5Q_ACVXwPz

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14infh_fEV1m_Bdy1XIJ4NIjYt3aGVqMV

This seems to happen when I am downloading files or anything super intensive on the PC. As I said though.... I have no idea.

Please any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. If you need me to do something I will do it and if I don't know how I will figure it out.

What CPU cooler do you have? Are you able to make a live linux USB and boot from there and see if the system still crashes?

From what you said i would assume its more a hardware issue, maybe there is an overheat somewhere, or its possible you dont have enough Watts with your power supply (now that i think about it this seems the most plausible)

550 watt psu should be fine....... I recommend you start at the beginning and make sure your install is un corrupted.

After that make sure all drivers are updated and you are running the latest bios for mb.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Update drivers via windows updates then maybe use driver booster for the last 1 or 2 drivers windows always misses.

26 minutes ago, NinJake said:

What CPU cooler do you have?

I am using the stock cooler that came with the Ryzen 5 3600 CPU. I have also had the case open for the previous two days just in case it was temp. 

27 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Are you able to make a live linux USB and boot from there and see if the system still crashes?

This is something I could do if it would help. Would just have to look it up and figure it out. Currently my computer is giving me a critical system died BSOD and I can't do anything with it. Can't restore, recover, or boot into safe mode. So guess I will try a fresh install of windows. 

26 minutes ago, Yurricho said:

possible you dont have enough Watts with your power supply (now that i think about it this seems the most plausible)

I am currently have a 550 PSU inside the system. I have no idea how to even judge if it is enough or not. 

3 minutes ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

I recommend you start at the beginning and make sure your install is un corrupted.

After that make sure all drivers are updated and you are running the latest bios for mb.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Update drivers via windows updates then maybe use driver booster for the last 1 or 2 drivers windows always misses.

I did so the SCANNOW and said there was no issues with my system or windows. My MB is updated and I used Drive Booster a couple of days ago to update drivers and my computer wouldn't restart. I had to do a restore in order to get it up again. So I am a little hesitant on that. 

1 minute ago, Tbrown0824 said:

I am currently have a 550 PSU inside the system. I have no idea how to even judge if it is enough or not. 

Honestly the best way to make sure would be to buy a PSU with a higher Wattage rating, then test it in your rig, or have a local computer company do testing on the power supply for you.

there are some power consumption calculators you could use but i wouldn't trust them totally, im not sure why 550 wouldn't be enough but weird things happen in tech

Take a look at device manager and window event viewer in administrative tools to see if they can point you towards the source of your issues.

18 minutes ago, Tbrown0824 said:

This is something I could do if it would help. Would just have to look it up and figure it out. Currently my computer is giving me a critical system died BSOD and I can't do anything with it. Can't restore, recover, or boot into safe mode. So guess I will try a fresh install of windows. 

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/linux/create-a-bootable-ubuntu-usb-flash-drive-the-easy-way/

I would also try a totally different USB Drive than what you have been using to install windows just in case your current drive is faulty.

If you are re-installing windows, make sure to use the files found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

One of goofy little things that often makes a different is making sure your power profile is switched over to Ryzen's balanced power profile.

34 minutes ago, TheVillageIdiot said:

Do not completely trust that your install medium is not corrupted.

26 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I would also try a totally different USB Drive than what you have been using to install windows just in case your current drive is faulty.

I am currently doing this right here. Got a new USB and going to try a clean version of windows just to see what happens. 

28 minutes ago, NinJake said:

If the new windows doesn't work ( my luck it won't ) I will try this. I am also being told it is probably something deeper with my hardware so guess we will see. 

Thank you all so much for your help this far!